The UAD-2 OCTO Core DSP Accelerator is Universal Audio’s most powerful PCIe processing card, giving producers and engineers massive power for running award-winning UAD plug-ins on Mac or PC. In creating UAD plug-ins, UA’s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers — using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears — to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog equipment.
The UAD-2 OCTO Core features eight SHARC processors, and easily installs into a PCIe-equipped desktop computer or compatible expansion chassis (PCIe or Thunderbolt), giving your workstation a significant boost in audio quality and mix processing power.
The UAD-2 OCTO Core includes UA’s Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, and provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL, and more (sold separately).
Fully Mac and Windows 7 compatible, the UAD-2 OCTO Core is easy to use. Just install the software, install the PCIe card, and start mixing with some of the world’s finest audio plug-ins.
Universal Audio UAD 2 Octo Core PCIe DSP Accelerator Features
Included Analog Classics Bundle
- Flagship eight-processor DSP Accelerator Card (PCIe format) compatible with Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs
- Provides access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins library
- Ideal for professional power-users running demanding projects w/ high plug-in instances and/or high sample rates
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Includes Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, featuring the UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in, Precision Enhancer Hz, plus Legacy editions of the Fairchild 670 Compressor, LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite, and Apollo audio interfaces
- Connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via a compatible chassis (sold separately)
- VST/AU/RTAS/AAX 64 and 64-bit compatible
The Analog Classics plug-in bundle features hallmark compressors like the Legacy LA-2A and 1176, plus classic EQs like the Legacy Pultec EQP-1A and Pultec Pro. There’s even a versatile channel strip and reverb to get your tracks in shape, fast.
1176SE/LN Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
Get classic, ultra-fast FET compression from the world’s most recognized compressor. The 1176 will impart punch, presence, and character as well as its signature distortion overtones on drums, vocals, guitars, and bass. The 1176SE and its later LN version have graced countless recordings, from Led Zeppelin, the White Stripes, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Pultec Pro Equalizers (Legacy)
Universal Audio’s Pultec Pro Legacy plug-in combines the Pultec MEQ-5 Midrange Equalizer and the Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, two of the most sought-after hardware EQs, into a single plug-in. The MEQ-5 EQ section allows you to boost and cut midrange bands with the same silky smoothness and personality of the original hardware while the EQP-1A imparts warm analog character to a single track or an entire mix — even when bypassed.
Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
With its gentle, program dependent optical compression and meticulously designed tube amplifier, the LA-2A is the go-to compressor for professional mixers around the world — especially for vocals. Incredibly easy-to-use Peak Reduction and Gain controls give you the ideal optical compression sound for vocals, bass, drums, and more.
CS-1 Precision Channel
Featuring the EX-1 EQ/Compressor, the DM-1 and DL-1L Delay Modulators, and the RS-1 Reflection Engine, the CS-1 Precision Channel provides all the tools you need for recording and mixing in one simple plug-in. With a unique smoothing algorithm for all controls and DSP conserving bypass switches built-in, the CS-1 packs a whopping punch into a small package.
RealVerb Pro is a flexible, natural sounding reverb that is based on our own unique set of algorithms. Allowing you to design the room just as you hear it, the RealVerb Pro goes beyond the barriers of simply big/small or dark/bright, giving you our trademark, distortion-free, smoothing diffusion control and an ultra-long reverb tail.