The AGA70 Acoustic Amplifier from Vox is chock full of acoustic tone that will add new dimensions to your live tone. Providing the unmistakable sound of the acoustic guitar, the Vox AGA70 two-channel vacuum tube acoustic guitar amplifier is designed to perfectly project the subtle resonances and sweet, mellow tones of an acoustic instrument.
Ideal for the live player, Vox’ AGA70 provides the ultimate partner for a solo artist or plenty of volume to push your tone up into the mix when playing with a group. Designed to perfectly project the subtle resonances and sweet, mellow tones of an acoustic instrument, the AGA70 delivers an impressive 70 Watts of power and features an upgraded tweeter to satisfy the most demanding acoustic musician.
Vox AGA70 Features
Two-channel acoustic amp
- Acoustic guitar amplifier featuring two channels: Normal and Tube Pre
- Each channel offers two inputs: Guitar (phone) and Mic (XLR)
- Lo-Z and Hi-Z level switch on each input
- Mic inputs can provide phantom power
- Tube Pre channel with a 12AU7 vacuum tube for a warm, natural sound
- Three-band EQ on each channel Bass, Middle, Treble
- COLOR feature provides single-knob control of the overall sound
- Emphasizes a wide range of techniques from arpeggios to strumming
- High quality effects are provided for each channel
- Selectable Chorus and variable Reverb
- Anti-Feedback control suppresses acoustic feedback
- Full-range Vox 6.5 inch speaker is built in
- Stereo line inputs allow a keyboard or other instrument to be connected directly
- Stereo mini-jack MP3/CD input for jamming along or for use as a portable PA
- Balanced XLR, DI output can be connected to a larger sound system
- Tuner output for running your tuner outside the instrument line
- Footswitch controllable with Optional VFS2 pedal (sold separately)
Each of the two channels (Normal and Tube Pre) is equipped with a standard guitar input, as well as a microphone input with selectable phantom power. An electro-acoustic guitar or mic can be connected to each channel, making this the perfect amp for a singer-instrumentalist. An additional Lo-Z / Hi-Z switch on each input accommodates a variety of signal levels.
12AU7 vacuum tube preamp
The Tube Pre channel preamp features a 12AU7 (ECC82) dual-triode vacuum tube, imparting your guitar or vocal sound with the roundness and warmth so distinctive of the vacuum tube sound.
COLOR function and on-board effects add convenient control
In addition to Bass, Middle, and Treble tone controls, each channel provides an effective COLOR control. Working in harmony with the traditional EQ, the COLOR knob allows you to quickly shift the tonal response to match your performance. This additional control accommodates a broad variety of sounds ranging from thick and robust to sparkling and clean. Choose the perfect setting for any performance technique, whether it's rapid-fire arpeggios or solid strumming. A full complement of effects is also available on each channel. The Chorus effect is selectable via a switch; the Reverb can be added in any amount using the Reverb knob. The AGA70 is all you need to complete your sound.
Versatile design offers the right connections for any situation
The AGA70 provides stereo line inputs that can accept the signal from a keyboard or other musical instrument, even a multi-track recorder. Use the AUX input and connect an MP3 player or other audio source to enjoy a jam session. The DI (balanced XLR) output offers a convenient way to send your sound to a larger PA system without using a direct box, and still allowing the AGA70 to control your mix. The Tuner output is always active, even when the main output is muted for silent tuning between songs and sets. The Anti-Feedback control minimizes acoustic feedback, making the AGA70 a good choice as a stage monitor. The optional VFS2 provides footswitch control of the Effect Bypass or All Mute functions, offering great flexibility during a live performance.