The Wampler Black '65 Vintage Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
is the result of 9 months of prototyping and a/b-ing with vintage Fender amps until Brian Wampler was 100 percent satisfied with the result. Over the years, Wampler Pedals received tons and tons of folks asking them when they were they going to produce an overdrive pedal that emulates the sound of a cranked Fender amp, and the Black ’65 Vintage overdrive is the answer!
Wampler Black '65 Vintage Overdrive Pedal Features
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Controls: Volume, Gain, Bass, Mids, Treble, Gain boost switch
- 2.5 x 4.5 in.
- Ultra-bright LED for ease of use
- 5 Year Warranty
- Powder coated durable finish
- Boost switch can increase the gain to make it sound like the amp is being driven harder
- Completely original circuitry
- Stacks VERY well with other pedals
Once Wampler got a sound that they were 100 percent happy with, they took it to Nashville studio ace Brent Mason to test it out. To be certain, Wampler also took several pedals by other companies that are supposed to do the same thing. Brent knows Fender amps better than anyone, and Wampler knew if Brent thought it was good, they were onto a winner. Long story short, Brent LOVED it!
Wampler Pedals has heard guys say they hear The Twin, some say Vibrolux, some say Deluxe Reverb when they play this pedal. Whatever they hear, it still has that ‘Blackface’ type of sound that they were looking for. When you turn it up, it's going to break up more like the amp would if you turn it up.