The Wampler Faux Tape Echo with Tap Tempo Delay Guitar Effects Pedal brings tap tempo and more control over the tape modulation to the pedal that has become a staple in Nashville and beyond! Based around very carefully selected and very rigorously tested PT2399 delay chips, the Faux Tape Echo circuits allowed Wampler to combine the note clarity of a sophisticated digital delay with an all-analog dry path and magnificent all-analog tone-shaping and modulation circuitry.
Wampler Faux Tape Echo with Tap Tempo Pedal Features
- Hand made in the U.S.A.
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Power draw: 40mA
- 6 controls - echo level, repeats, shade, 'movement and sway' and delay time
- Does not just add a chorus effect to simulate tape wobble, this reacts to your playing perfectly
- Does NOT mess with your basic guitar tone like so many other delay pedals
- Analog warmth/tape echo tones
- About 800ms of delay time available
- 3.5 x 4.5 inches
You get note clarity, lower noise, and longer delay times from digital delays. You get the lovely warmth and little, exquisite touches that are usually reserved for analog delays. Nearly every part of the pedal, all of its major functions, are analog. The delay line is the only digital part of the signal path. It alone being digital brings clarity and focus to the task in a way that analog delay line chips can't really match. But everything else, all the absolutely vital filtering to carefully finish the sound is pure analog. Every aspect of the modulation that gives the Faux Tape Echo pedal a unique function and tone and makes it desirable for people who want their delay tone to sound as good as tape delay units but without all the maintenance, supplies, and hassle?