If you are tired of wimpy sterile delay tones or just simply wish that your analog delay could get brighter, Wampler Faux Tape Echo Delay Guitar Effects Pedal is the perfect choice! While the echoes are created digitally, the base signal is all analog and is extremely transparent. The echoes in the Faux Tape Echo are not sterile and brittle like a digital delay though - they are big, full and FAT.
Wampler Faux Tape Echo Delay Guitar Effects Pedal Features
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Controls: level, repeats, delay time, modulation depth, tone control on repeats (darker or brighter echoes)
- About 600ms of delay time available
- Ultra-bright LED for ease of use
- Powder coated durable finish
The Faux Tape Echo is basically the Faux AnalogEcho crossed with a unique circuit the speeds up and slows down the echos, just like a real tape echo. It isn't modulating like other tape echo emulations though. Many of them sound like a chorus pedal in the background. While that is a cool sound in itself, a tape echo's ‘flutter’ created modulation tones by the recording tape slightly speeding up and slowing down - that's why Wampler duplicated the modulation circuit to do the same thing.