Offering a preamp of the highest quality microphone preamplifier on the market in its price range, the Warm Audio Tone Beast TB12 uses quality USA made components found in preamplifiers with much loftier price tags. The Tone Beast has unique tone-shaping features including selectable Opamp and Transformer output that gives you the versatility and flexibility you need for home and project studio environments without having to purchase an assortment of preamps.
Warm Audio TB12 Tonebeast Mic Preamp Features
- Discrete 312 preamp design with coupled CineMag Transformers
- 71db of gain
- Transformer selection with Steel and 50% Nickel CineMag output for varying character
- Transformer bypass switch removes the output transformer from the circuit
- Opamp selection provides the classic 1731(vintage) and 918(modern) style opamps.
- These are socketed/swappable with your choice of 2520 6 pin footprint opamps.
- Impedance switch labeled TONE to switch between 150 and 600 ohms input impedance
- Capacitor selection between Tantalum and Electrolytic for different characters
- 80hz hipass filter
- Polarity Reverse
- +48V phantom power
- Output attenuation allowing for saturation flexibility of both the opamps and transformers
- 1/4 inch insert for the use of inline compressors, eq’s etc.
- Balanced XLR mic (front and back), balanced TRS line, and ¼” instrument inputs
- Balanced XLR and TRS outputs
- -20db Pad
- LED VU Meter
- 19 inch rackmountable
- External line-lump 24V AC power transformer for low noise
Home-based musicians and professional studios alike will find the Tone Beast to be an extremely powerful and fully professional piece of gear that is capable of warming and shaping signals/mixes in a way that is very pleasing to the ear.