At the heart of the Yamaha MGP16X 4 Bus Mixer is an innovative approach that utilizes digital technology in an analog mixer. The MGP16X mixer adds high-resolution effects, iPod/iPhone integration and the superb functionality of Yamaha’s Stereo Hybrid Channel to the warmth and musicality of premium analog sound. The MGP16X mixer represents the ultimate balance of the converging technologies that are the heart and soul of Yamaha's extraordinary achievements in pro audio.
Yamaha MGP16X 4 Bus Mixer Features
Yamaha D-PRE Mic Preamps
- 10 studio-grade discrete Class A D-PRE mic preamps with an inverted Darlington circuit
- Musical X-pressive EQ based on Yamaha’s famed VCM Technology
- Professional 1-knob compressors on each channel with LED indicators
- High-grade dual digital effects processors: Advanced REV-X and Classic SPX
- Stereo Hybrid Channels utilizing a powerful, proprietary DSP
- Digital connectivity for iPod/iPhone to have in depth control of parameters
- MGP Editor for Detailed Control of the Console's DSP settings via iPod/iPhone
- Rugged, impact-resistant, powder-coated metal chassis
- Integrated rack-ears for easy rack mounting
- Internal universal power supply for world-wide use
- 10 mic inputs with 48V phantom power and HPF per channel
- Additional 2TR inputs provided to accept the output from analog devices or iPod/iPhone
- 16 line inputs (8 mono and 4 stereo)
- 4 GROUP Buses + ST Bus
- 2 AUX Sends + 2 FX Sends
The preamp is where sound creation begins, and ultimately determines the character and quality of your overall mix. Initially intended for use with Yamaha's high-end recording gear, these studio-grade, discrete Class-A mic preamps in the MGP16X mixer employ an inverted Darlington circuit design that features multiple circuitry elements in a multi-layered configuration for more power with lower impedance. This means all the character, depth and feel of your original signal will be delivered with fat, natural sounding bass and smooth, soaring highs.
Rediscover a favorite mic or trusted instrument by capturing the full range of your musical expression with sound that you don't hear, so much as feel. With 48V phantom power for each channel and a sound that is incomparable in a compact mixer today, these studio-grade discrete Class-A mic preamps set the Yamaha MGP16X mixer apart, clearly defining a class all its own.
Everyone knows vintage EQ sounds great, but not everyone knows why. Throughout the development of the innovative VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling) effects used in their high-end digital mixers, Yamaha became increasingly focused on reproducing the warmth and musicality of classic vintage EQs. It was through their precise modeling of the original circuitry of some of the most sought-after EQ modules from the past that Yamaha discovered a characteristic ‘X-shape’ of the frequency curves that was unique to these units.
More than just a means of tweaking your mix, the precise response and very steep shelving of the high and low frequencies make the X-pressive EQ within the Yamaha MGP16X mixer a powerful sound-shaping tool that essentially redefines the role that EQ plays in sound reinforcement. Never before has an audio engineer's contribution to the overall sound been so significant, with X-pressive EQ providing complete control of every aspect of your sonic palette.
Originally a Yamaha innovation, 1-knob compression is now a popular feature on an increasing number of compact mixing consoles with good reason. These intelligent compressors add optimally set compression to a wide variety of input sources with the touch of a single control. The MGP16X mixer features Yamaha’s upgraded 1-knob compressors that feature LED indicators allowing you to visually monitor when the compression kicks in on each channel.
Integrated Rack Ears
With integrated rack ears, the Yamaha MGP16X mixing board easily meets the demands of both installed and portable applications providing safe, stable protection for your console. Extremely durable, their sleek, attractive design instantly gives you the option of a rack-mounted or desk-top configuration, with hassle-free setup saving you time and effort.
Beneath the analog-style knobs and encoders of MGP16X mixing console lies a sophisticated digital control system, a fusion that combines traditional analog feel with the functionality that only digital technology can offer. The MGP16X utilizes a powerful, proprietary DSP to provide three essential features that are staples of both installed and live sound applications.
In keeping with the theme of analog simplicity found throughout the Yamaha MGP16X design, each of these functions is readily accessible and available at the touch of a button. Featuring a mid-sweep, three-band EQ for nuanced sound control and high-performance onboard A/D and D/A converters, the Stereo Hybrid Channel offers unique functionality with superior sound.
Dual Digital Effects
- Priority Ducker
- An invaluable feature for applications that require both public-speaking and background music, Priority Ducker allows a microphone to take priority over another sound source automatically, just by speaking into the mic. Stop talking and the other sound source is brought back to its original level, therefore no console operator is required for this simple yet valuable function. You can even adjust the ducker attenuation of sound source depending on your preferences.
- This intelligent compressor ‘auto levels’ different tracks from a sound source that vary in volume, providing a more pleasurable listening experience. Ideal for small events with un-manned operation of your console, Yamaha's proprietary DSP algorithm allows for extended play time without the worry of fluctuating volume levels distracting your listeners.
- The Stereo Image
- The Stereo Image function seamlessly narrows the pan balance of the stereo sound source so that audiences spread over a wide area can enjoy a comfortably blended mix. This is particularly helpful for installed sound applications that requires background music. Using either of the two optimized settings—MONO and BLEND— Stereo Image ensures that everyone is in the ‘sweet spot’ by providing a more optimally mixed sound to the entire space.
The MGP16X mixing console offers two separate studio-grade effects processors for ultimate enhancement of your sound, with simple intuitive control. Yamaha's high-end REV-X reverb offers three very musical and natural high-resolution reverb effects: Hall, Room and Plate. Yamaha's renowned SPX digital multi-effect processor provides a useful selection of 16 advanced digital effects with editable parameters. Both processors can be used simultaneously.
Digital Connectivity for iPod/iPhone
- Integrate Your Apple Devices into Your MGP16X Sound Experience
- In response to the growing demand for compatibility with iDevices, iPod/iPhone integration with the MGP16X offers much more than simple playback. With a single connection your Apple device is transformed into a flexible controller, giving you more detailed control of your MGP16X mixing console.
- MGP Editor
- MGP Editor is a free software application that gives you additional control of your console's DSP settings via your iPod/iPhone. With a simple and intuitive graphic display, MGP Editor gives you additional, detailed control of your REV-X and SPX effects parameters—as well as Hybrid Channel's Priority Ducker, Leveler and iPod/iPhone’s playback settings.
- High-Quality Digital Playback
- The Yamaha MGP16X mixer features a built-in USB port to connect and charge your iPod or iPhone for seamless playback with a single connection. A direct digital connection offers a much higher level of quality with more detail and clarity than typical analog inputs can provide.
- Free editor application that Yamaha created to control the MGP mixers. MGP users will be able to control many buried parameters within the MGP mixer, and of course it’s then digitally connected for great audio playback. Here is the link for the free app: itunes.apple.com/us/app/mgp-editor-us/id509602500?mt=8
7 Years: DSR, DXR,
and DXS Speakers; 3 Years: Power Amps, Speakers; YDP, CP, N100, PF & P Series Digital Pianos
1 Year: Digital Mixers, Studio Monitors, Analog Consoles, Powered Mixers, Multi-Track Recorders, Digital Effect Processors, Signal Processors, Synthesizers, Drum Machines, Sequencers, Tone Modules, Portable Keyboards, Guitars, Drum Shells & Hardware, Drum Shell Finish.
1 Yr Parts, 90 Days Labor: Drum Pedals, Cymbal Stands, Rack Systems