Zoom R24 Multitrack Recording Package
The Zoom R24 Multitrack Recording Package includes everything you need to start making great quality recordings easily! Use the R24 as a stand-alone digital recorder or as an interface to record on your favorite software. Package includes high quality Yamaha HS5 studio monitors, MXL vocal and instrument mics, mic stand, and connection cables to get you started.
The revolutionary R16 from Zoom is now reborn as the R24 with added features including a built-in sampler, drum machine, 8 additional recording tracks and 6 channels of phantom-power. Zoom's R24 combines four production tools into one incredibly versatile device. In addition to 24-track playback and 8-track simultaneous recording using SD memory cards, the R24 is a digital multi-track recorder, an audio interface, a control surface and a pad sampler all on one versatile piece of equipment.
Zoom R24 Multi-track Recording Features
|As a Standalone Recorder
The R24 is perfect for capturing audio in a variety of settings. It supplies up to 6 channels with 48V/24V phantom power. You can record up to 8 tracks simultaneously and playback up to 24 tracks in either 16-bit/44.1kHz or 24-bit/48kHz WAV format. So you have enough tracks and power to record everything from complete drum kits to live music performances of bands and orchestras. Synchronize two R24s via USB for 16 simultaneous recording tracks.
- Over 100 studio-quality effects including guitar amp models and mastering effects
- Records on up to 32GB SDHC cards for maximum recording time
- 8 balanced XLR-1/4-inch combination inputs
- Records in WAV 48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit
- Easily viewable 4-segment LED meter bridge
- 6-channel simultaneous 48V phantom power supply capability
- Over 4 hours of operation using 6 AA alkaline batteries (AC adaptor included)
- Sync two R24s via USB for 16 tracks of simultaneous recording
On its side panels, the R24 also features two built-in stereo condenser microphones for field recording or quick, convenient sketch-pad
ideas and rehearsals. Use the 8 combination XLR-1/4-inch inputs along with one Hi-Z input for direct connection with a guitar or bass. When your masterwork is ready, you can use over 100 built-in studio effects to enhance your tracks and use the pro-quality mastering effects to complete that studio sound.
As an Interface
Zoom R24 Audio Interface Features
||The R24 is more than a multi-track recorder. It's also a powerful workstation when using USB power for studio operation. Connect the R24 to your laptop or desktop computer via USB, launch your favorite DAW or use the included Cubase LE 5, and start laying down your production tracks. With simultaneous 8-in/2-out capability, you can record 16-bit/44.1kHz audio or capture high-definition 24-bit/96kHz audio via 2-in/2-out configuration. If you use the sampling rate of 44.1kHz, the internal DSP effects of the R24 are also usable on your computer tracks. Also, a dedicated control lets you adjust the mixing balance between the DAW playback sound and the direct sound for monitoring.
- High-definition 24-bit/96kHz recording capability
- 8 input, 2 output (8 x 2) via USB
Zoom R24 Control Surface Features
|As a Controller
Computers bring incredible control and power to the recording process, but they're not very intuitive when it comes to mixing, which makes your music come alive. So, when you’re ready to mix, the R24 is right there with you. Through a simple USB connection, you can control the transport and mixing functions of major DAW applications such as Cubase, Logic, and Sonar from the R24. No more mixing with a mouse! The R24’s innate mixing console feel and LED meter bridge makes mixing your tracks a pleasure.
As a Sampler
- Full mixing and transport controls for Cubase, Logic, Sonar and more!
- USB Control Surface uses Mackie Control emulation
Zoom R24 Sampling Features
||In addition to assigning sounds to each track to create loops, the R24’s sampler allows you to play the pads in real-time and creates performance data for a complete song by combining loops. By simply lining up drum loops from the included USB memory stick, anyone can easily create pro-quality backing parts and basic tracks. Recording on another track while playing loops is also possible, seamlessly blending the recorder and sampler functions. The rhythm feature can produce backing drum tracks in both real-time and step input, while the metronome settings support the output of a click track to headphones, perhaps to a drummer in a live situation, while the signals from the output jacks are sent to a mixer.
- Pad sampler with 24 voices (8 pads x 3 banks)
- Loop-based audio sequencer for music creation
Not only does the R24 offer 400 drum machine patterns to work with, but it includes a USB flash drive containing 500 MB of drum loops recorded by the Grammy Award winning jazz/fusion drummer, Peter Erskine. Peter has recorded a variety of groves specifically for the R24 that will inspire your musical creativity. Also, Big Fish Audio, a top producer of sample libraries, provides the system with 1 GB of drum loops. The focus of the R24’s rhythm library is rock, but also includes jazz, funk, country, bossa nova and hip-hop beats.
As a Field Recorder
Zoom R24 Field Recording Features
|Great for sound effects recording or anyone looking for multiple audio feeds in a remote environment, the R24 is a lightweight, portable solution that supplies phantom power to 6 channels, supporting your use of condenser mics on location video shoots. For media professionals and filmmakers, the R24 makes it easy to record audio with booms, handheld mics or up to 8 lavalieres with wireless setups. In addition, the R24 includes a stereo headphone output for continuous monitoring, while the system’s LED meter bridge provides an easy way to ensure your levels are appropriately set for any given source.
- Equipped with a set of built-in high-sensitivity stereo condenser mics
- Capture sound effects, speeches and dialog with excellent clarity
- Connect two R24s via USB for 16 tracks of simultaneous recording
- Record Scratch tracks and overdub voiceovers in post-production
- Onboard phantom power with high-quality mic preamps and vocal effects
- Operates on battery power for 4 hours with 6 standard AA batteries
The Yamaha HS5 Powered Studio Monitor
is designed to provide the ultimate in accurate, honest musical response for any studio! This 2-way bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor features a 5 inch cone woofer and 1 inch dome tweeter that produce nothing but the clearest, flattest audio response possible. The HS5 active monitors from Yamaha are ideal for studios where space is limited but accurate response in required.
Yamaha HS5 Powered Studio Monitor Features
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor
- 5 inch cone woofer and 1 inch dome tweeter
- 54Hz - 30kHz frequency response
- 45W low frequency plus 25W high frequency bi-amp system for 70W total
- ROOM CONTROL and HIGH TRIM response controls
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals
The MXL 440/441 studio condenser microphone ensemble is designed to complement a wide variety of vocal and instrument applications. These microphones have gold-sputtered diaphragms and a fixed cardioid pickup pattern making them very sensitive and readily revealing very subtle sonic details.
MXL 440/441 Microphone Ensemble Features
- Complements a wide variety of vocal and instrument applications
- Perfect for use on the road, acoustic instruments & overhead studio drums
- Includes two mics, carrying case & mic stand adapters
The MXL 440 studio condenser microphone combines a FET preamp with an electrically-balanced output and delivers an uncompromised tonal quality perfect for all studio applications. The MXL 441 instrument microphone delivers the dynamic range required in the most demanding instrument applications and is perfect for use on the road as well as on acoustic instruments and overhead studio drums.