The Zoom R8 Multitrack SD Recorder Controller and Interface is everything you need to start recording today!
Zoom takes the turbocharged design of the R24 and reduces the footprint for a portable, powerful music production solution. Like its predecessor, the R8 combines four production tools in one incredibly versatile device. In addition to being a multi-track recorder with 8-track playback and 2-track simultaneous recording using SD memory cards, the R8 is an audio interface, a control surface and a pad sampler.
Zoom R8 SD Recorder Controller and Interface Features
- Multi-track Recorder:
- 8-channel playback, 2-channel simultaneous recording
- 48V phantom power available on 2 tracks
- Over 150 DSP effects including guitar amp models and mastering effects
- Records on up to 32GB SDHC cards for maximum recording time
- Two balanced XLR-1/4-inch combination inputs
- Records in WAV 48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit
- Over four hours of operation using four AA batteries/USB bus power (AC adapter included)
- Sync two R8s via USB for 4 tracks of simultaneous recording
- Audio Interface:
- High-definition 24-bit/96kHz recording capability using digital audio software
- 2 in / 1 out (2 x 1) via USB
- Control Surface:
- Full mixing and transport controls for Cubase, Logic, Sonar and more!
- USB Control Surface uses Mackie Control emulation
- Pad sampler with 24 voices (8 pads x 3 banks)
- Loop-based audio sequencer for music creation
- Also Includes:
- 2GB SD card, 1.5GB drum loops, Steinberg Cubase LE DAW software
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones for instant recording
The R8's sampler function consists of 24 built-in voices that can be triggered using 8 pads and 3 bank keys to assign sounds to each track and create loops. Also, you can use the unit's drum machine and the 1.5GB of included rhythm patterns to create original backing beats, or simply output a metronome for tempo control. More than ever before, you have all the tools necessary to create high-quality recordings anywhere.
The R8 comes with a 2GB SD card and supports up to 32GB SDHC cards for a maximum of 100 track hours. Using SD media for recording not only makes the R8 lighter and more portable, it also ensures increased reliability with no concern for a crashing hard drive.
Take your R8 into your studio and record additional tracks using its USB audio interface. Then when you're ready to mix, use the R8's control surface capabilities to manage each function of your favorite DAW software. Incorporate any of the150+ DSP effects to enhance your recording and use the pro-quality mastering effects to complete that studio sound.
With the Zoom R8, versatility, control and comprehensive features come together in a single device that fits in a guitar case and makes on-the-go multi-tracking a breeze.