Gibson's thinline semi-hollow ES models were an instant hit because of their marriage of archtop and solidbody electric designs. Now the Gibson Limited Edition Midtown Custom Electric Guitar takes all of the legendary ES properties a step further, maximizing each design goal, while adding a rich, deep resonance all its own. With a trimmed-down and body size that still emulates the lines of the ES, but built with the chambered solid-wood construction, the Gibson Midtown Custom truly embodies the optimum marriage of solidbody and archtop.
Gibson Limited Edition Midtown Custom Electric Guitar Features
- Chambered Mahogany body with carved, bound Maple top
- Mahogany neck with '60s SlimTaper neck profile
- Black Richlite fingerboard with acrylic block inlays
- Burstbucker 1 in the neck and Burstbucker 2 in the bridge
- Grover kidney button tuners with 14:1 tuning ratio
The Midtown Custom guitar from Gibson starts with premium tonewoods, using Grade-A timbers beneath the translucent finish options. A solid mahogany body is strategically chambered for optimum resonance and capped with a solid carved maple top with traditional f-holes, which is finished in a high-gloss finish.