To pay homage to the original image of the 1961 SG Standard, Gibson introduces the Gibson SG 61 Reissue Satin Electric Guitar, a guitar that packs all the most desirable features of vintage SGs. Its great satin finish gives it the look and feel of a well-aged classic in hand-sprayed nitrocellulose lacquer. With the SG 61 Reissue Satin you can own a true Gibson classic at a great price!
Gibson SG 61 Reissue Satin Electric Guitar Features
- Solid Mahogany body available in three satin nitro finishes
- Mahogany neck with comfortable slim, rounded profile
- Baked Maple fingerboard with acrylic trapezoid inlays
- Features a pair of powerful '57 Classic humbucking pickups
- TonePros vintage-style tuners with tulip-buttons and 16:1 tuning ratio
Like the original 1961 SG and all of the classic variations since, the SG 61 Reissue Satin guitar has a body crafted from solid mahogany in the asymmetrical ‘double-horned’ deep double-cutaway design. A light and supremely resonant wood, mahogany gives this 61 SG reissue outstanding tonal richness and depth, with plenty of clarity and sustain. Coupled with the SG's characteristic beveled edge, the mahogany's light weight also enhances playing comfort.