The Epiphone AJ 220SCE Acoustic Electric Guitar has long been one of Epiphone's best selling acoustic guitars with the look, sound, and build quality that first time players and professionals expect to hear when they pick up an Epiphone. The Advanced Jumbo style was first produced at the legendary Kalamazoo factory in the 1930s and has been a favorite of musicians from every field of popular music ever since. The Advanced Jumbo sound is commanding when required but it's also well balanced which makes it perfect for stage and studio. Now with a killer cutaway and Shadow's new Performer Tuner preamp system, the Epiphone AJ 220SCE takes yet another step above the competition.
Epiphone AJ 220SCE Acoustic Electric Guitar Features:
- Made of solid Sitka Spruce that sounds great right out of the box, as well as, improves with age
- Bell shape gives is a clear mid-range that's never muddy
- Features Epiphone's SlimTaper D-profile with a smooth, fast, satin finish that's easy to play
- Equipped with Shadow's Performer Tuner preamp and NanoFlex pickup system for great acoustic tone
- Nickel hardware including premium sealed die-cast tuners with 14:1 ratio for tuning accuracy and stability
Balanced Tone that Rings Like a Bell
With its bell like shape featuring a larger lower bout and a smaller, round upper bout, the Epiphone AJ 220SCE has a focused and balanced tone. The bass is deep, rich, and loud while the highs have a crispness and brilliance that cuts through. Most noticeable however, is the AJ 220SCE's clear mid-range that's never muddy like a square shouldered dreadnought. The Advanced Jumbo acoustic guitar is often described as the perfect instrument for the soloist or singer -songwriter with a sound that blends well with vocals. And, its generous and elegant Venetian cutaway enables you to access the upper frets with ease.