The Aphex A Pre 500 Microphone Preamp provides affordable access to the unmistakable 188 sound. It was inspired by the popular Aphex 188 eight-channel preamp, both using a custom designed input Transformer. The A PRE 500 adds a Jensen JT-11DL nickel output balancing transformer.
Aphex A Pre 500 Microphone Preamp Features:
- Front panel 10Mohm, 1/4 in. input for the connection of instruments like guitar and bass
- 3-way switch allows the selection of +16, +20 or +24dBu output levels
- 20-segment input meter allows input levels to be easily seen, even from a distance
- 65 dB of gain to properly operate dynamic, condenser and ribbon microphones and a 26dB pad for very loud sources
- Illuminated buttons control Phantom Power, Phase Reverse and 75Hz High Pass Filter
Aphex A Pre 500 Microphone Preamp Applications:
Live Performance- It's becoming more and more common for live sound engineers to use outboard mic preamps on specific sources like lead vocals, acoustic guitars, snare drums and more. Especially built for those engineers who have to use a different PA system every night at different venues. This allows them to keep a consistent sound for their featured instruments.