A giant has returned to life. Oberheim's legendary SEM - Synthesizer Expander Module - is back for the first time in the Arturia Oberheim SEM V Software Synthesizer as a high-end software emulation powered by Arturia's exclusive TAE technology. Faithfully reproducing the warm Oberheim SEM tone, the Oberheim SEM V is also polyphonic, with a full array of innovative sonic features. The original SEM has particular characteristics for which it was loved by many musicians to this day. The Arturia SEM V brings back the sound and special characteristics in an accurate virtual emulation.
The SEM V modules were entirely redesigned after the most recent evolutions in TAE, Arturia's proprietary technology that recreates analog modules after their detailed electronic circuitry. The result of this lengthy project is a faithful virtual instrument that delivers the same acoustic properties as the original.
Arturia Oberheim SEM V Software Synthesizer Features
- All the original parameters of the Oberheim SEM: two oscillators, each offering sawtooth wave and variable-width pulse wave with PWM, sine wave LFO, 12dB/oct multi-mode Filter with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch, two ADS envelope generators
- Added functionalities: New LFO, Noise, Sub oscillator, on board effects (overdrive, chorus and delay), Arpeggiator, Portamento
- Polyphony and 8 Voice multitimbrality inspired by the 2, 4, and 8 voice models
- White Noise, to mix into your etheral pads and FX sounds
- Sub Oscillator with sawtooth and sine waves, for added growl and bottom end
- LFO 2 with sine, sawtooth and square waves, for more complex modulations
- Professional Effects (overdrive, Delay, Chorus), to directly process your sounds on-board
- Arpeggiator, for instant basslines and inspiring melodic patterns
- Portamento to unlock more expression in your playing
- New 8 Voice Programmer module lets you edit no less than 7 additional virtual SEM voices
- Advanced Keyboard Follow module lets you map up to 6 parameters of your choice, guaranteeing a maximum expression of playing on your MIDI keyboard
- Modulation Matrix module offers 8 simultaneous modulations which you can set between 8 different sources and more than 25 destinations