Boss realized that many bass players love their amps and may not need the GT-6B amp/speaker modeling. Also, a lot of bass players love easy-to-access, manual mode effects. So... here comes the BOSS ME-50B with world-class bass effects in a rugged floor unit with easy pedal-style control. Effects are divided into six sections (Compressor/Limiter, Master EQ, Filter/Tone, Drive/Synth, Delay/Modulation and Expression Pedal), giving bassists a range of unique and powerful tones including new effects like Sound Hold, Octave Up and Kick Drum - all with easy knob-based control. The modeled compressors are PERFECT for bass; the defretter really sounds like a fretless. The innovative Sound Hold function sustains a low note while playing over it (cool!) and you also have Sound On Sound recording, this time with new Kick Drum effect for keeping time. A handy "Octave Up" effect adds a note one octave above the original while retaining your natural bass sound - complete with adjustable drive on the octave-shifted note. There are tons of synth-like filtered sounds. This is the piece no bass player should be without!
- Floor-based bass multi-effects processor with easy analog control
- Killer COSM® Compressor/Limiter and Drive effects, plus T-Wah, Slow Gear and Defretter
- Innovative Sound Hold function for sustaining a low note while playing on top
- Sound On Sound recording with new Kick Drum effect for keeping time
- Dedicated knobs for each effect section - no menu-surfing!
- Easy Tone effects with Preset EQ templates for quick tone editing
- 3 footswitches and onboard expression pedal routed to 6 options like Octave, Wah, etc.
- Solid metal case built to withstand abuse
Multi-Effects Made Simple
BOSS understands that bass players want access to powerful effects, but they don’t want to get caught up in the menus and programming hassles of a multi-effects processor. Enter the ME-50B. Just like its guitar-oriented sibling, the new ME-50B puts BOSS' finest multi-effects for bass into a convenient floor processor with the feel of a compact pedal. Forget about menus and cursor buttons. Just reach down and twist a knob!