Designed in collaboration with Frank Iero, guitarist for multi-platinum band My Chemical Romance, the Epiphone Wilshire Phant-O-Matic Electric Guitar combines an incredible array of features that only Epiphone would dare put in one instrument. The result is one of the smartest and most flexible guitars on the market with all the vintage styling that made Wilshire guitars a behind-the-scenes favorite of Jimi Hendrix, Johnny Winter, Paul Gilbert, and Steve Marriot.
Epiphone Wilshire Phant-O-Matic Electric Guitar Features
- Designed in collaboration with Frank Iero, guitarist for My Chemical Romance
- Double cutaway design with a solid Mahogany body
- Mahogany hand-set neck with a 1960s SlimTaper profile
- Alnico Classic Plus Humbucker and Alnico Classic Humbucker
- Six-way rotary VariTone switch for a huge range of tones
- Horn-mounted kill switch which provides an infinite range of staccato on/off effects
- LockTone Tune-o-Matic/StopBar bridge for tuning and intonation accuracy
- Nickel Wilkenson vintage style tuners with green keys
- Premium, padded gigbag included
The Phant-O-Matic employs two classic Epiphone pickups, their famous Alnico Classic Plus Humbucker in the bridge and an Alnico Classic Humbucker in the neck position. To get the most of the wide tonal possibilities from this pickup arrangement, Epiphone has included a mono VariTone, much like the one used most famously by blues legend B. B. King.