The Gibson 1958 Les Paul Standard Vintage Original Spec model is the next step in Gibson’s journey toward perfection. In 1958 the renamed Les Paul Standard made its debut featuring a translucent cherry sunburst finish which showed off the figured maple tops that were often used on Les Pauls. Ever since, the guitar world has been fascinated with the natural beauty of the two bookmatched pieces showcased by the finish called Cherry Sunburst.
All VOS model Gibsons are given an aged appearance by enduring unique staining, wet-sanding, and hand-rubbing processes. The result is that unmistakable lightly worn but still gorgeous appearance of a well cared for 50 year old guitar.
Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Plain Top VOS Features
- 1-piece, solid mahogany backs. Not book-matched or weight-relieved
- Historically accurate neck tenon for superior sustain - you can see it extending under the neck pick-up
- Bumblebee capacitors (where applicable), and correct routing
- Historically accurate reproductions of original PAF humbuckers
- Tortoise dot markers on the side of the neck
- ABR-1 bridge and lightweight aluminum stopbar tailpiece
- Holly headstock veneer
- Period-correct stain and filler
- 100% nitro-cellulose lacquer finishes - no added plasticizers