This Product has Multiple Videos.
Navigate these videos by using the 'Skip Ahead' and 'Skip Back' Controls Next to the 'Play/Pause' Button on the Player. The next video will load and play when the current video ends.
The Gibson Vintage Original Spec SG Standard
Featuring an ultra-thin, two-horned body, the SG Series addressed two of what Ted McCarty saw as the major issues of the now-retired Les Paul body style: weight and limited access to the upper treble register. The new body shape of the SG Standard was dramatically lighter than the old Les Paul, and offered access to the entire fingerboard. The VOS version has ’57 Classic humbuckers, a solid mahogany body and includes a Custom Shop case.
All VOS model Gibsons are given an aged appearance by enduring unique staining, wet-sanding, and hand-rubbing processes. The result of these methods creates a visually stunning reflection of a well-cared for 40-year-old Gibson.
Gibson Custom SG Standard VOS Features
- 1-piece, solid mahogany backs - Not book-matched or weight-relieved
- Historically accurate neck tenon for superior sustain
- You can see it extending under the neck pick-up
- Bumblebee capacitors - with correct routing
- Historically accurate reproductions of original PAF humbuckers
- Tortoise dot markers on the side of the neck
- ABR-1 bridge and lightweight aluminum stopbar tailpiece
- Holly headstock veneer
- Period-correct stain and filler
- 100% nitro-cellulose lacquer finishes - no added plasticizers