The design of the Ibanez FRM100 Paul Gilbert Signature Electric Guitar was inspired by many hours of playing and performance by Paul Gilbert with the original Ibanez Fireman model. The most eye-catching part of the FRM100 is its unique body shape, featuring a distinctive reverse Iceman body outline. The mahogany body balances remarkably well while the Ibanez Tight-Tune bridge and tailpiece promote superior transfer of string vibration without unwanted movement.
Ibanez FRM100 Paul Gilbert Electric Guitar Features
- Specific layout to keep the volume knob in the back position
- Pickup selector switch and an added tone control for maximum tone shaping
- Neck is 22mm at 1st fret and 24mm at 12th fret - for a classic feel
- 3 piece mahogany/maple/mahogany neck offers the player a fat and tight sound
- Bridge and neck pickups are DiMarzio Injectors, while the middle is a DiMarzio Area '67, all with hum-cancelling construction
- Ibanez Tight-Tune bridge and tailpiece promote superior transfer of string vibration
The Ibanez FRM100 Paul Gilbert signature features DiMarzio pickups favored by Paul. The bridge and neck positions are DiMarzio Injectors, while the middle is a DiMarzio Area '67. They are designed with hum-cancelling construction to eliminate the noise but retain single-coil tone. These pickups have a warm, modern tone compared to vintage single coil pickups, and provide a clear, tight sound. The sound stays true even under high gain settings, so solos can be clearly heard when performing with a group.