The Flagship ONYXi Mixer Compatible with All DAWs including Pro Tools M-Powered 8!
The Mackie Onyx 1640i Firewire recording mixer combines the benefits of a powerful computer interface with the tactile, hands-on control of a premium analog mixer. Equipped with 16 premium precision engineered studio grade Onyx microphone preamps, the Onyx 1640i is great for live sound reinforcement or studio recording, all in a durable road-worthy package.
Channels 1 and 2 feature high impedance instrument/line level inputs so you can connect an acoustic, electric or bass guitar directly into the mixer eliminating the need for an external direct box.
Mackie Onyx 1640i Firewire Mixer Features
- 16-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
- Includes Tracktion 3 Music Production Software for Mac or PC
- Qualified by Mackie for use with all major DAWs, including:
- Pro Tools 9
- Pro Tools M-Powered 8 (requires driver download at mackie.com)
- Ableton Live
- Final Cut Pro
- 16 Onyx boutique quality microphone preamps
- 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on all channels
- Full 16x16 FireWire channel streaming for ultimate DAW integration
- Flexible FireWire routing including aux sends and groups
- Pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
- 6 aux sends with pre/post assignment and solo
- Smooth 60mm channel and master faders
- Built-in DI on first two channels for direct connection of guitars, basses, etc.
- Individual 48 volt phantom power switches on all microphone inputs
- 4-segment metering on every channel
- 4-bus architecture for flexible sub-grouping of channels
- Talkback section for use with internal or external microphone
- Planet-Earth switching power supply for worldwide use
- Rotating I/O pod for desktop or rackmount operation - rack ears included