The Mackie PPM1008 Powered Mixer is ultra-light and features ridiculously robust power amps.
With 1600 watts (800W + 800W) of system power, the PPM1008 is in a class of its ownfully capable of powering a huge system (try a couple S215s AND a pair of C300s!). Mackie custom designed the PPM1008 with Class-D amps, which are cool-running and boast maximum efficiency, keeping your sound pumping until they start kicking people out. Mackie also included their proven Fast Recovery circuitry, eliminating the risk of pesky amp latching. The result is a distortion free mix even when pushing peak levels. The built-in limiter can go toe-to-toe with the most popular outboard stereo limiters used in live sound today, protecting your speakers from damage. The limiter’s attack and release times are specifically selected to address full-bandwidth music and will not muddy things up by adding any unwanted pumping. PPM mixers are surprisingly lightweight, but tremendously powerful. You can push the PPM1008 to its maximum output, distortion free!
The Right Tools for the Job
Most powered mixers out there have either a limited set of mixing tools—keeping your mix decidedly average—or they cram in a mind-boggling amount of lame effects that you would never use. Every professional carries the right tools for the job, so the PPM1008 comes with a great-sounding, highly useable toolkit.
- Premium Mackie preamplifiers ensure transparent, low-noise/high-headroom characteristics right at the front of the mixer. The PPM1008 offers 8 mic/line channels with trusted Mackie preamplifiers.
- True 48V phantom power allows every condenser mic to perform at its full potential.
- Legendary 3-band active EQ straight off the tremendously popular VLZ3 mixer series. Sweetening any channel is a breeze.
- Individual channel inserts (ch. 1-6) allow compressors and other outboard processing on critical instrument or voice channels. Don’t leave the lead singer hanging!
- Dedicated in-line compressors on channels 1-4 bring simple but sweet dynamics to the PPM mixers.
- Dual graphic EQs are provided for both mains and monitors. These EQs feature tight, constant-Q Filters that effect only the frequency range you’ve intended, unlike many inexpensive built-in graphic EQs that will remain nameless.
- Simple stuff like useable main and monitor output metering make a huge difference in your mix. Sorry, but 5 LED meters at the output doesn’t tell you that you’re about to clip. Our high-resolution 12 segment meters enable more visibility of your signal, and the super quick response of the meters allows what you see to translate quickly and easily to what you hear.