The Peavey Windsor Studio features a single-channel with a footswitchable Boost button, which increases the preamp level to allow the flexibility of a dual-channel amp plus control over the dynamic response and rich distortion characteristics of its class-A tube power topology.
The Boost function can be used as an overdrive feature for the power section or simply as a volume boost for soloing. This 15-watt amplifier uses two 12AX7 preamp tubes and one EL34 power-amp tube in a single-ended configuration with no negative feedback.
The power section is designed to accommodate 6L6GC, 6550, 6CA7, KT88 and KT66 octal power tubes, as well as variations on those types. Peavey’s exclusive Power Sponge output attenuator incrementally adjusts the power output of the amplifier while maintaining the distortion characteristics of the power amp at any chosen volume level.
Peavey Windsor Studio Features
- Class A Power Amp can use various octal power tubes including EL34 (stock), 6L6GC, 6550, 6CA7, KT88, KT66, or any variation on these types
- Two 12AX7/ECC83 Preamp tubes
- 15-20 Watts (RMS) into 4, 8, or 16 Ohms with Power Sponge output power attenuator
- No negative feedback in Power Amp
- High & Low Gain Inputs
- Preamp Volume
- Low, Mid, and High EQ
- Footswitchable Boost function
- Footswitchable Effects Loop
- Spring Reverb
- Transformer balanced XLR Recording Output with passive mic simulator
- XLR Ground Lift switch
- Dual Speaker Outputs
- Impedance Selector
- 1/4-inch TRS footswitch jack for Boost and Loop defeat
- 12-inch Blue Marvel Speaker