Marrying the time-tested tonewood combination of mahogany and maple, the Gibson Lou Pallo Signature Les Paul offers classic Les Paul sustain and resonance, with a little less of the weight thanks to some strategic body weight-relief, which also adds some air and roundness to the instrument's midrange response. All of the mahogany's depth and richness and the maple's snap and definition are further enhanced by the guitar's glued-in, one-piece Grade-A mahogany neck, which contributes to the sustain that has helped to make Les Pauls famous for six decades.
Gibson Lou Pallo Signature Les Paul Features
- Weight relieved solid mahogany body with carved maple top
- Rounded 50's neck profile
- Rosewood fingerboard with Lou Pallo signature on 12 fret
- Open coil Dirty Fingers and Gibson P-90 pickups for a wide range of tones
- Tone Pro Kluson tuners for smooth and stable tuning
- Only 400 guitars will be made and hand numbered
The guitar's fast but comfortably rounded '50s neck profile feels great in the hand, and offers the kind of playing room that guitarists prefer in a Gibson, thanks to the 1-11/16 inch width of its nut—made from dense, resonant Corian, and cut on the PLEK for optimum precision. A chrome-plated Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece add to the traditional hardware set, while providing rock solid anchoring and precision intonation adjustment, and a set of Tone Pro Kluson-style tuners with pearloid tulip buttons are both elegant and efficient up at the other end.