The Taylor Baritone GS8 8-String Acoustic Electric Guitar is a truly unique instrument! Baritone guitars are known for their rich lower register tone and the Taylor Baritone GS 8 String gives you that plus 2 octave strings with the third and fourth strings for an amazing voice all its own. The two extra strings give great upper octave brightness without too much jangle for rich melody lines and vibrant chords.
Taylor Baritone GS8 8-String Acoustic Electric Guitar Features
- Two octave strings with the third and fourth strings, adding upper-octave brightness without too much jangle
- Classic combination of indian rosewood back and sides with a sitka spruce top
- Grand Symphony GS body shape for comfort and piano like bass
- Taylor Expression System electronics for unrivaled acoustic reproduction
- Normal string tension thanks to 27 inch scale length, tuned to B
The Taylor Baritone GS8 8-String Acoustic Electric Guitar is designed for playing in a lower register with normal string tension, thanks to a longer 27-inch scale length. Tuned to B (B E A D F# B), the deeper acoustic tone is voiced with the GS body shape and a wood combination of Indian rosewood with Sitka spruce. The Baritone 8 string guitar is a great choice for singers with a lower vocal range or players who favor a detuned sound.