BH500 is a fantastic addition to T.C. Electronic's Bass Amp 2.0 line up. Combined with the BC series cabinets, it stacks up to become any rig you need - for small bar gigs, indoor rock clubs, outdoor stadium concerts, you name it! The BH500 feature set leaves little to be desired with its razor-sharp, tone-shaping tools such as TubeTone, SpectraComp and bass tuned tone controls. Also, the 3 user memories let you change tone at any given time while the integrated tuner allows you to tune up silently before you rock.
TC Electonic BH500 Bass Head Features
- SpectraComp compressor gives even compression accross all strings
- TubeTone adds classic tube warmth and overdrive when pushed hard
- Store up to 3 presets easily to be recalled anytime you need to change tone
- Built in tuner with easy to see readout
- 4 band EQ controls plus 2 contour for thousands of sound shaping possibilities
- RCA AUX input for connecting an audio device and a headphone jack for silent practice
A conventional compressor is often dominated by the lower string, but with SpectraComp, which is taken directly from the original RH450, you get 'per string' multi-band compression that evens out the compression across all strings. In short, you get an even and rock solid tone that cuts through any mix whether you play fingerstyle, with a heavy pick or slap the strings hard.