The Universal Audio Apollo 16 Firewire Audio Interface sets a new standard for professional audio recording! This 24-bit / 192 kHz audio interface delivers world-class conversion with 16 x 16 analog I/O. With the Apollo 16, Universal Audio combines superior sound with powerful onboard UAD-2 QUAD processing for amazing results. So you can track audio in real time through classic UAD analog emulation plug-ins — on both Mac and Windows.
Universal Audio Apollo 16 Firewire Audio Interface Features
- UA’s flagship FireWire/Thunderbolt-ready audio interface for Mac and Windows 7
- 16 x 16 analog I/O via DB-25 connectors — ideal for mixing consoles, outboard preamps, etc.
- Realtime UAD-2 QUAD processing for low-latency (sub-2ms) tracking and mixing w/ UAD Powered Plug-Ins
- Thunderbolt Option Card for next-generation connectivity to compatible Macs (sold separately)
- Four stereo Cue mixes with fully assignable outputs
- Multi-unit cascading over MADI merges two Apollo 16 units for 32 x 32 analog I/O
- PT Mode allows easy insertion of outboard analog hardware in Pro Tools
- Virtual I/O feature for Realtime UAD Processing of virtual instruments and DAW tracks
- Includes dedicated XLR monitor outs and stereo AES-EBU digital I/O
- Includes ‘Analog Classics’ plug-ins: LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A EQ
- Full recall of interface settings in DAW sessions via Console Recall plug-in (VST/RTAS/AU)
- Full compatibility with UAD-2 DSP Accelerator systems
World-Class 24-bit/192 kHz Conversion
Apollo 16 builds upon decades of UA hardware expertise, featuring meticulous analog circuit design, top-end converters, and DC-coupled outputs — providing the lowest THD and highest dynamic range of any converter in its class. Specifically, the Apollo 16 interface’s deep, wide soundstage, and its exceptionally open and transparent sound, makes it the ideal centerpiece for professional recording studios or anyone who wants the best quality possible.