When Brian created the Wampler Ecstasy Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal, he was working on creating a pedal that would go from clean tones to distorted tones while adding a bit of warmth. He wanted something for himself that would be dynamic, have a great sounding 'gritty' tone to it yet be able to respond to the volume knob like a tube amp. Out of this search, he developed the Ecstasy Drive and nailed that tone he was after.
Wampler Ecstasy Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal Features
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- 4 knobs - Volume/gain/bass/treble
- Switch goes from overdrive setting to distortion setting (top: creamy tone, middle: crunchy tone, bottom, light fuzz tone)
- 2.5 x 4.5 in.
- Very transparent
- Cleans up very well
- Very dynamic
- Ultra-bright LED for ease of use
- Powder coated durable finish
- Completely original circuitry
The Wampler Ecstasy is his take on that elusive 'dumble' tone and feel - smooth creaminess yet crunchy when you need it to be, yet the tonality is much more transparent than other 'dumble sounding' pedals. Very responsive tone controls that interact with the pedal - they don't just 'color' the sound. The controls actually affect the response and feel of the pedal, just like a great tube amp.Wampler Ecstasy Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal