29 amazing instruments in one!
By combining patented, industry-leading Line 6 digital modeling technology with boutique-style craftsmanship, James Tyler® Variax® delivers a complete collection of instruments within a single guitar—28 vintage instrument models, plus the James Tyler-designed guitar itself. No more dragging piles of instruments to gigs or recording sessions!
The sounds of legendary electrics, acoustics and more
Inside every James Tyler Variax is a rich history of electric and acoustic guitar tones. This ultimate collection ranges from the most sought-after vintage solidbodies to ultra-rare acoustics. Get instant access to them all!
18 electric guitar models based on*
- 1960 Fender® Telecaster® Custom
- 1968 Fender® Telecaster® Thinline
- 1968 Fender® Telecaster® (modified)
- 1959 Fender® Stratocaster®
- 1958 Gibson® Les Paul® Standard
- 1952 Gibson® Les Paul® "Goldtop"
- 1961 Gibson® Les Paul® Custom
- 1956 Gibson® Les Paul® Junior
- 1976 Gibson® Firebird V
- 1955 Gibson® Les Paul® Special
- 1959 Gretsch® 6120
- 1956 Gretsch® Silver Jet
- 1968 Rickenbacker® 360
- 1966 Rickenbacker® 360-12
- 1961 Gibson® ES®-335
- 1967 Epiphone® Casino
- 1957 Gibson® ES®-175
- 1953 Gibson® Super 400
10 acoustic and eclectic models based on*
Designed by master luthier James Tyler
- 1959 Martin® D-28
- 1970 Martin® D12-28
- 1967 Martin® O-18
- 1966 Guild® F212
- 1995 Gibson® J-200
- 1935 Dobro® Model 32
- Coral/Dano® Electric Sitar
- 1965 Danelectro® 3021
- Gibson® Mastertone Banjo
- 1928 National® Tricone
Spot-on, industry-leading modeling is only half of the James Tyler Variax story. Equally important are the innovative designs and the boutique playing experience provided by master luthier James Tyler.
Access alternate tunings—instantly
- JTV-59 - Inspired by the archetypal single-cut with 24-9/16" scale length; mahogany body with a carved maple top; 22-fret mahogany set neck with a rosewood fingerboard; two alnico humbucking pickups wound to James Tyler's specs.
- JTV-69 - Designed in the tradition of the classic 25-1/2" scale, three-pickup solidbody; alder body; 22-fret maple bolt-on neck with Tyler '59 profile and a rosewood fingerboard; tremolo bridge; two vintage-style single-coil alnico pickups and one alnico humbucker all wound to James Tyler's specs.
- JTV-89 – A modern design for optimum speed and power; mahogany body; 24-fret three-piece maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, reversed 6-in-line headstock and Tyler Fast n' Flat profile; 25-1/2" scale length; two custom alnico humbucking pickups wound to James Tyler's specs.
James Tyler Variax guitars provide immediate access to 11 alternate tunings, so you can stay in the creative moment instead of spending quality time with your tuner. You can mix and match any tuning with any model—and also create your own tunings on the fly with Virtual Capo.
Build your Dream Rig
On their own, James Tyler Variax guitars are incredibly powerful tone machines. But as part of the Line 6 Dream Rig they provide limitless sonic possibilities! JTV guitars, POD HD multi-effects and DT-series amps connect via exclusive technologies to form the Dream Rig—a rig so powerful that the tap of a single footswitch sets off a complete global analog and digital change: guitar type, guitar tuning, analog and digital amp settings, full effects chain, and more!
James Tyler Variax guitars at a glance:
- 29 instruments in one—28 instrument models plus the sound of the guitar itself
- Industry-leading Line 6 Variax technology
- Boutique-style guitar design by master luthier James Tyler
- Available in three designs/configurations
- 11 alternate tunings plus Virtual Capo
- Includes free Variax Workbench virtual guitar bench software
- High-quality tonewoods
- Custom pickups wound to James Tyler's specs
- L. R. Baggs Radiance Hex piezo pickup system
- Premium bridges, nuts, tuners and other hardware
- Includes long-lasting lithium-ion battery for up to 12 hours of play
- Connects to POD HD and DT-series amp to create the Line 6 Dream Rig
- Includes high-quality padded gig bag
*All product names used herein are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds were studied during Line 6's sound model development. Fender, Telecaster, Stratocaster and Guild are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. Gibson, Les Paul, ES, Dobro and Epiphone are registered trademarks of Gibson Guitar Corp. Gretsch is a registered trademark of Fred W. Gretsch Enterprises, Ltd. Rickenbacker is a registered trademark of Rickenbacker International Corporation. Martin is a registered trademark of Dreadnought, Inc. Danelectro and Dano are registered trademarks of Evets Corporation. National is a registered trademark of Kaman Music Corporation.