Zildjian produces cymbals from two different processes. The traditional Cast Bronze,
and the more economical Pre-Formed Bronze
Cast Bronze –
- These cymbals and are individually poured and cast from raw molten metal.
- Each casting is cooled and sorted by weight for each cymbal model.
- Castings are then put through a complex sequence of heating, rolling, shaping, hammering, and lathing techniques unique to each cymbal range.
- Cast Bronze cymbals have a rich, full-bodied sound that improves with age.
- They also have greater projection, clarity and durability than any other cymbals.
- Zildjian cast cymbals are made from the Zildjian secret alloy, which is comprised of 80% copper, 20% tin, and traces of silver.
Pre-Formed Bronze -
Bright and sweet, the Zildjian A legacy sound defines the standard for cymbal sounds, offering a full range of tonal qualities from classic, full-bodied A Zildjian (often referred to as just A's) to fast, smooth A Customs. Complementing the Zildjian product offerings is a full line of FX (Sound Effects) cymbals to accentuate any style of music. For those of you who remember the Z3 models they are now called Heavy A's. (Same great sound, just a new name)
“A Custom” – The Standard
Made using radical rotary hammering techniques, these cymbals are available in thin to medium weights. A striking brilliant finish produces a crisp, sweet, and bright sound. Great in any number of playing situations, these cymbals are ideal for contemporary music with their fast response and clean attack.
Classic sound is embodied by “A Zildjian” and immortalized in countless recordings by the greatest drummers of all time. These bright cymbals were known for their versatility. They range from paper thin and delicate to extra heavy and cutting. The Zildjian Sound Lab recently made adjustments to the curvature and eights of its current models to capture the sweet spot of the classic A sound, producing crashes, rides, and hats that reflect today’s musical styles.
While not mentioned in the name, the FX Series are part of the A Family. Experiment with a variety of effects and accents with this unique, innovative line of cymbals from Zildjian. Add exotic colors and character to your sound with an Oriental China Trash or a Trashformer.
Characterized by dark overtones, the Zildjian K legacy sound draws on the Zildjian centuries-old tradition of cymbal making, providing a rich spectrum of sound. Warm, expressive K's. Complex, modern K Customs. Legendary K Constantinoples, famous for their perfectly blended tones.
“K Custom” – The standard
The modern voice of the K Family, K Custom is dark, rich, and dry. Designed with today’s diverse music scene in mind, K Custom is both, powerful and vibrant, yet dark and gentle.
K Zildjian cymbals (often referred to as just K's) continue to inspire drummers today with their deep, warm, and expressive sounds developed by Kerope Zildjian in 19th Century Turkey. Elaborate hammering and lathing techniques work the Zildjian alloy into versatile cymbals that are dark yet well suited for a wide variety of musical genres from jazz to rock.
“K Constantinople “
The legendary K Constantinople is the pinnacle of the Zildjian cymbal line, renowned for its perfectly blended sound quality. Complex hammering contributes to the cymbal’s unique sonic identity and dark tones that can be at once cutting and smooth. Drawing on cymbal-making techniques perfected in the Zildjian Sound Lab, K Constantinople cymbals can range from subtle to explosive.
- These Bronze cymbals begin as pre-formed disks cut from metal with uniform thickness.
- Precision hammering and shaping pummels cymbal discs, loosening the alloy's molecular structure and freeing up its distinctive tone.
- These Bronze cymbals have a very fast response with a quick decay.
- They have excellent durability and a consistent sound within each respective model.
- Affordably priced, these Bronze cymbals are an ideal first cymbal choice.
This is your introduction to the Zildjian family of cymbals. With innovative manufacturing techniques developed in the Zildjian Sound Lab, ZBT delivers a bright, intense sound that cuts through the mix. ZBT’s also featuring extensive lathing with a traditional finish.
Zildjian's signature B12 alloy delivers a rich sounding cymbal that is bright, melodic, and designed for a wide range of musical styles.