DJs, get creative: Enter the world of digital DJing or power-up your current DJ set with live remixing, effects and recording.
For the established DJ and producer, Intro adds that studio-quality sound and Live's composition and performance easily into your current setup providing another way to write and perform for less than the price of a plug-in.
Ableton Intro Features
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- Powerful and creative MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Advanced warping and real-time time-stretching
- Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Supports AIFF, WAV, MP3, Ogg Vorbis and FLAC files
- Full ReWire support; runs as Slave or Master
- Top-grade content package with loops and beats from premium sound designers
- 500 built-in Instrument and Drum Racks
- Includes Simpler (sampler) and Impulse (virtual drum machine)
- 200 built-in audio and MIDI effects
- New groove engine; apply and extract grooves in real time
- VST and AU support; automatic plug-in delay compensation
- Simple MIDI mapping plus instant mapping for selected hardware
- Single-screen user interface for simple, creativity-focused operation
- Multicore and multiprocessor support
What's the catch?
This is a valid question. Live Intro obviously isn't the same as Ableton Live or Ableton Suite; there are limitations. The people at Ableton have made sure that the limitations won't affect the sound or the quality of the music you make with Intro, though. The limitations are quantitative rather than qualitative, i.e. you're limited to 64 audio tracks, 2 effect sends, 12 Ableton effects at once and so on. Basically, Intro provides everything you need to compose, record and perform a track.
Create and compose
Ableton Live Intro offers a unique, non-linear approach to songwriting and beatmaking. Record and sketch out ideas as they hit you, record different versions of a riff and select the best one later, try out new ideas, experiment and improvise: Intro's fluid workflow won't get in the way of your creativity.
Freedom on stage
When you're performing your music, Intro is stable and reliable. More importantly, you're free to improvise, respond to the crowd and other musicians, re-work your songs, speed up, slow down and remix live in real-time: Intro plays just like a real instrument. Go beyond simple playback and be one of the band.
Enhance your DJ sets
For DJs, Intro does two key things: firstly, it makes life easier and allows additional flexibility. Intro features BPM-based audio warping, automatic tempo-matching and it's easy to integrate your music library. Secondly, Intro lets you go far beyond simply spinning tunes—creative effects, integrated sampling and live remixing tools let you get into the tracks on your set list and make them your own.
Record your DJ set live and open it up later as a multi-track session for fine-tuning, detailed editing and erm... correcting any mistakes you made. Intro lets you capture the vibe of your performance AND iron out the details giving you, your fans and your friends perfect mixes.
It's simple to sync up audio files, loops and entire songs—Intro allows the most brutal tempo changes without sacrificing audio quality. Intro's effects provide an arsenal of sonic fireworks ranging from standard EQ techniques to serious audio manipulation, re-sampling and live remixing.
Full ReWire support
Inject your current sequencer with the best of Ableton Live via ReWire. Add Live's unique, non-linear recording and playback to Reason, Logic, Pro Tools, Cubase or your personal digital audio weapon of choice, and run a new way to compose and perform alongside the tools you know. Intro can be a ReWire Master or Slave, so your options are open.
Loves your hardware
Intro, like all versions of Live, lets you plug in your hardware and get playing right away. Intro offers instant mapping for most popular controllers and dedicated Ableton Live controllers, like the Novation Launchpad and Akai Professional's APC40, work seamlessly with Intro. Want to create custom mappings or set up personal control settings? Intro's intuitive mapping mode makes it easy.
Supports your plug-ins
Intro supports all VST and AU instruments, effects and plug-ins. You can use any software instruments you already own and your favorite effects will work just fine with Intro. Intro lets you use up to 4 virtual instrument plug-ins and up to 6 effect plug-ins in one Live Set.
The bottom line of any recording is sound quality. Intro makes no compromises here, with studio-quality multi-track recording up to 32 bit/192 kHz. Enough said.
- 7 GB of loops, instruments and beats
- Printed Getting Started Guide
- Built-in interactive lessons
- Practical Construction Kits
- Localized software menus, tutorials and PDF reference manuals