The powerful Sub15 combines excellent transient response capability with an impressive low frequency performance to enable a genuinely musical reproduction experience. With a high and undistorted sound pressure output of 120dB maximum SPL at one meter, the Sub15 makes the perfect subwoofer for mid-sized and larger control rooms.
Adam Audio Sub15 Studio Monitor Features
- Linear bass reproduction down to 20 Hz
- Maximum Peak sound pressure in 1 m ≥ 120 dB
- High efficiency PWM amplifier
- Special 15" woofer with aluminum diaphragm
- Additional sub output
- Downward working bass reflex tube with generous dimensions and corresponding rounding
- Upper cut-off frequency is selectable between 50 - 150 Hz
- Connectable high-pass filter for the satellite outputs, which blocks signals below 85 Hz
- 2 years warranty with optional extension to 3 years with the registration of the product
The Sub15 is an extremely powerful subwoofer capable of extending the frequency range of main and midfield monitors down to 20Hz. The sturdy 15" woofer is made of an exceptionally rigid aluminum membrane and is driven by two powerful magnets and a 100mm voice coil. With 1000 Watts (RMS) power capability, the PWM amplifier has an efficiency factor of nearly 90%. With these performance features, the Sub15 is easily capable of handling critical musical passages with intense and sudden bass peaks without showing signs of distortion or overheating. The downward firing bass port has been specially designed with ample dimensions and rounded edges to cancel any port noise.
In order to adjust the sound of the Sub15 to different room situations or individual taste, we have implemented several controls including one for volume (-60dB to +6dB) and one for the crossover frequency (50Hz - 150Hz). The satellite speakers can either be driven full range or high pass filtered at 85Hz. This allows the Sub15 to be easily integrated into a Dolby surround setup. Unfavorable phase relationships between the satellites and the subwoofer, particularly in the crossover frequency range, can be easily controlled with the supplied phase reverse switch.
The Sub15 is also very flexible when it comes to connectivity: There are balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) input/output connectors to be found on the rear of the subwoofer.