The Akai Headrush E2 pedal continues on from where the award-winning Akai Headrush E1 left off. The new Akai E2 Headrush delay pedal brings delay, tape echo simulations and a looping recorder in one convenient pedal. User selectable delay options allow for maximum control of signal output and include several real-time timing and level adjustment selections as well as feedback level for repeats.
The Akai Headrush can also simulate a 4-head analog tape echo machine and it is possible to set the spacing between these 'virtual' heads to create complex multiple delays and repeats. You can also set the decay characteristics of these heads. Furthermore, the outputs of each of these virtual heads appear on individual outputs for ultimate flexibility when used with an external mixing console.
The LOOPING RECORDER mode allows you to record and overdub layer after layer of sound in real-time making the Headrush an unbelievable live performance tool.
Depending upon which mode is selected, the left footswitch controls the on/off and play/stop functions while the right footswitch sets the tap delay time or recording and overdub options. The LED display indicates which effect in use and blinks in time showing the delay time selected.
Akai Headrush Features
- 16-bit Digital Delay - Delay time from 0.5ms to an astonishing 35 seconds maximum (*)
- Tape Echo mode with four individual outputs for each head
- Looping Recorder with overdub mode - Powerful tool for solo performances
- HEAD GAP adjusts the delay time between the heads
- HF DAMP simulates an analog delay sound
- FEEDBACK sets the feedback level for repeat times
- RATIO allows adjustment of wet and dry mix
- Real-time delay control - sets delay time by tapping footswitch twice
(*) Depending on the selected mode