More than just a mixer, the Alesis IO Mix Audio Interface Mixer is a four-channel audio interface that delivers safe and secure iPad integration. Together, your iPad and iO MIX serve up a totally integrated recording studio that can accompany you down the street, or around the world. Simply slide in your iPad, attach the 30-pin or Lightning dock connector, and lift the hinged door into position. Your iPad is now safe and secure in a road-ready package that offers unlimited access to the multi-touch screen. Load up your iPad with any compatible Core Audio app, including GarageBand, and your studio is open for business.
Alesis IO Mix Audio Interface Mixer Features
- Record up to four channels at once, individually, or as a stereo mix
- 4 mixer channels; each with pan, level, peak LED indicator, plus Hi and Lo EQ
- The multi-touch color iPad display provides extensive control
- 4 XLR-1/4 inch combo inputs feature low-cut filters and gain controls
- Phantom power, switchable for use with condenser microphones
- Guitar/line level switch on Channel 1 allows direct guitar or bass recording
- Main stereo outputs with level control; headphone output with separate level
- Direct mode for latency-free input monitoring while recording
- Core Audio-compliant: works with virtually any audio app in the App Store
- Hinged door completely encloses and protects your iPad
- Power supply also charges your iPad?????
The Alesis iO MIX delivers on the dream of four-channel mixing and recording on your iPad. Now, you can mix, shape, and record four channels of audio-or a stereo mix-directly to your iPad. The iO MIX provides all of the necessary connections, as well as compact four-channel mixer for making the most of every performance. There are even a few surprising pro-level features to enhance your recording experience.
With its compact design, iO Mix is the perfect portable studio. Bring it to your band's practice space, the next gig, or a weekend recording session. The mixer section is intuitive and easy to use. Each mixer channel features both a volume fader and a pan knob, plus a two-band EQ for extended tone control. Multi-color LED meters make it easy to monitor your recording levels. Switch on the built-in limiters and enjoy recordings free from overload clipping. The headphone output-complete with a separate volume control-and the direct switch allow for low-latency personal recording. You can even switch to Mono mode for accurate mixing.
Connect & Create
iO Mix offers a wealth of audio connection to make the most of any situation. Each input includes a gain control knob to provide proper recording levels. Switchable low-cut filters reduce low-frequency interference-such as noise from microphone stands-in both live mixing and recording situations. The four XLR-1/4 inch combo inputs accommodate nearly any audio source. Selectable phantom power allows for the use of professional condenser microphones. Input 1 features a level switch to accept an electric guitar or bass directly-ideal for using iPad based effects! The main Left and Right outputs are balanced ¼ inch jacks, perfect for connection to any sound system.
iO Mix is Core Audio-compliant, allowing you to use it with virtually any app in the App Store. Plus, your iPad's Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, and 3G connectivity allow you to tailor your sound at a moment's notice-or playback audio through compatible wireless speakers. Entertain your audience by downloading songs between sets. Keep the band's creative energy flowing during a recording session by trying out entirely new applications. The possibilities are endless.
Alesis IO Mix Audio Interface Includes
- iO Mix
- Power supply
- Apple 30-pin dock connector
- Apple Lightning dock connector
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual