An incredible bundle with the quality and feature-set to get started or upgrade to some true top-grade studio gear! The included Antelope Audio Discrete 8 audio interface, two Edge Solo large-diaphragm modeling mics and four Verge small-diaphragm modeling mics all combine for some serious firepower that will get you recording with pro-grade audio quality in no time!
Antelope Audio’s Discrete 8 Microphone Preamp Interface brings a new level of sound quality and power to home studios and mobile recordists. It comes with 8 console grade 6-transistor discrete preamps, 121 db dynamic range conversion and rock-solid clocking.
Both the Discrete 4 and the Discrete 8 come with DC coupled analogue line outputs to be used at CV (control voltage) interfaces. Primarily for recording with and taking full advantage of analogue synths.
Discrete 8 features all the Antelope Audio premier real-time FPGA FX, including authentic models of iconic gear from BAE, Lang, Gyraf Audio and many more.
The Antelope AFX platform is a rapidly expanding hardware modeling engine. Discrete 8 includes Accusonic 3D microphone and preamp models, guitar amps, transformer and tube FX, and a huge selection of classic vintage gear, which will soon be accessible in any DAW via the upcoming AFX2DAW Plugin.
The Antelope Audio real-time FPGA platform is now extended to a complete professional studio experience:
Edge Solo emulations
- Berlin 47 FT
- Berlin 49T
- Berlin 57
- Berlin 87
- Berlin 67
- Berlin M103
- Vienna 12
- Vienna 414
- Tokyo 800T
- Berlin V563 cardioid capsule
- Illinois 57
- Illinois 7B
- Minnesota 20
- Vienna 112
- Berlin K86
- Berlin 47 TU
- Berlin M251
- Hamburg 441
Other Modeling Capabilities
- Berlin 184
- Perth 55
- Freiburg 6
- Aalborg 4006
- Hamburg 40
Discrete 8 meets Edge Solo and Verge
- Mic Preamps: Gyratec IX, VPA 76, BAE-1073MP, RD-47, BA-31
- Conversion: Reel to Reel
- Guitar Amps: Bass SuperTube VR, Burnsphere (DE), Marcus II (US), Overange 120 (UK), Tweed Deluxe, Top30, Darkface, Modern, Plexi 59, Rock 75, Rock 22.10
- Guitar Cabinets: Darkface 65 2x12, Top30 2x12, Modern 4x12, Green 2x12, Vintage 4x12, Green 4x12, Caliper 50 1x10, Bluelux 1x12, Clst 1x12, England 4x12
- EQ Legends: VEQ-55b, VEQ-STU 089, VEQ-STU 169, VEQ-STU 900, VEQ HA32C, BAE 1023, BAE 1084, NEU-W492, NEU-W495, NEU-PEV, VEQ-4K Black, VEQ-4K Brown, VEQ-4K Pink, VEQ-4K Orange, BAE-1073, VEQ-HLF, VEQ-1A, VMEQ-5, VEQ-55A, Lang PEQ2, UK-69, ClearQ (coming soon)
- Vintage Compressors: FeedForward Antelope Compressor, FET-A76, VCA160, x903, Tube176, Gyraf Gyratec X, Grove Hill Liverpool, Stay Levin, ALT-436C, SMT-100A, FET-78A, BA-6A, Tubechild670, Impresser
- Reverb: AuraVerb
Combined with the already highly acclaimed Antelope Audio FPGA Vintage Compressors & EQ’s, these modeling microphones will comprise a true cutting-edge front end that will usher in a new era for modern recording.
Edge Solo & Verge are two of Antelope Audio’s powerful modeling microphones that combine outstanding modeling potential with fast and user-friendly workflow. Bundled with the Discrete 8 Mic Preamp Interface they make for a perfect and versatile recording setup. The bundle gives users access to an exquisite collection of vintage mic emulations and authentic FX models of legendary studio gear.
Edge Solo is a single capsule mic by Antelope Audio, specifically designed to recreate the true sound of a multitude of vintage cardioid-pattern microphones. For maximum accuracy, Edge Solo can be used with any of Antelope Audio’s mic preamp-equipped interfaces, whose built-in FPGA processing capabilities allow real-time vintage mic emulation.
Verge is a small diaphragm modeling microphone suited for both nuanced accuracy and high SPL recording. Also exhibiting excellent performance on its own, it can take on the character and personality of the world’s best small diaphragm condensers and electrets.