By connecting MyMonitor between your microphone / source and the mixer, you have control over your mix and volume by listening thru your headphones. Only the microphone signal goes to the board.
ART MYMONITOR Personal Headphone In Ear Monitor Mixer Features
- XLR Mic In connector accepts a dynamic or condenser mic (the mixer or another source of phantom power will be required for a condenser mic)
- XLR Mic Thru connector for connecting MyMONITOR to the mixer’s mic input.
- 1/4” stereo Monitor In jack accepts the stereo output of a mixer, CD player, tape deck, etc. to be mixed with the mic signal through the headphones (a mono
source can be connected here, but only one earpiece will work)
- Mic Level control regulates the mic’s headphone level
- Monitor Level control regulates the stereo Monitor inputs level through the
- Dual stereo headphone outputs (a friend can listen too)
And since MyMONITOR can be AC or battery powered, the unit can be used on a large stage or wherever there is no AC outlet nearby. Dynamic or condenser mics can be used since phantom power would come through the Mic Thru jack from the mixer or other source.
With MyMonitor, the performer hears him/herself through headphones exclusively or mixed with the output of a mixer, CD player, tape deck, or other stereo line level source. Only the mic signal goes to the main mixer.
a.) If you are using the AC power adapter (included), connect the cable to the 12V DC connector and plug the other end into a 120V AC power outlet. Otherwise, a 9V battery (optional) can be installed in the battery compartment.
b.) Set the power switch to the ON position – the Power LED will light up.
c.) Connect a low impedance dynamic or condenser mic to the Mic In XLR.
d.) Connect a stereo source to the 1/4” Monitor In jack. If the source is mono, only one earpiece will work.
e.) Using a low-impedance mic cable, connect the Mic Thru XLR to a mic input on the mixer. If the mic is a condenser, make sure the mixer has phantom power or that you insert a phantom power unit between MyMONITOR and the mixer.
f.) Connect headphones to one of the Headphones jacks. Another set can be connected to the other jack.
g.) Adjust the Mic Level and Monitor Level controls for the desired mix and volume through the headphones.