The Ansmann Energy 8 Plus is the latest upgrade to the Ansmann Energy Series. Like its ‘big brother’ the Energy 16 charger, the Energy 8 Plus recharge station offers the most advanced charging control available today for all the most commonly used sizes of Nickel Metal Hydride and Nickel Cadmium batteries used in electronic appliances.
Ansmann Energy 8 Plus Battery Charging Station Features
- Charging slots:
- 1-6 AAA
- 1-6 AA
- 1-4 Baby C
- 1-4 Mono D
- 1-2 9V
- The Energy 8 automatically reconditions batteries, before recharging
- It will charge two 9V cells and 6 AA's in a little over 2 hours
- You can also charge other sizes and/or types simultaneously in the Energy 8 Plus charger
- This 'smart' charger automatically adjusts to each cell size, cell type and cell capacity
- Each cell is charged independently, with simple progress indicator lights for each cell
- Automatically switches to trickle charge as each cells reaches full charge
- Detects faulty cells
- Can also be used as a cell checker to determine reserve life of each cell
- Fast charge time for AA and AAA's
- 5-way bad cell detection and overcharge circuitry
- Small footprint requires less desktop space
One enhanced feature is the higher charging current (AA, C, D 1000 mA; AAA 400 mA; E block 60 mA) in combination with a perfect charging detection. As well as the standard detections –DeltaV and the timer there are now 3 additional detection technologies built-in. The maximum temperature (Tmax), the temperature is also tracked and is detected using DT/Dt.
In addition to the main supervision –DeltaV it now adds the Zero DeltaV system. In this case not only the decreasing voltage when charging the batteries is supervised, but a constant voltage over a certain time period is detected as well. This technology is the guarantor for a perfect charging of the batteries.