The Audio Technica AT4033/CL was originally introduced in 1991 and almost singly-handedly shaped the market for high-quality, affordable studio condenser mics. Its strong up-front presence and versatility made it an instant hit for vocals and instruments. The new Audio Technica 4033 Classic brings it all back, with a cardioid polar pattern and a vapor-deposited gold-plated aged-diaphragm capacitor element for accurate reproduction of even the subtlest sounds.
The AT4033/CL has an extended flat frequency response of 30-20,000 Hz, a wide dynamic range, and the ability to handle high SPLs without sacrificing high-frequency performance. Includes shock mount, a dust cover, and a protective mic case.
The AT4033/CL is intended for use in professional applications where remote power is available. It requires 48V DC phantom power, which may be provided by a mixer or console, or by a separate, in-line source such as the Audio-Technica AT8801 single-channel and CP8506 four-channel phantom power supplies. An integral 80 Hz high-pass filter provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The high-pass position reduces the microphone’s sensitivity to popping in close vocal use. It also reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, air-handling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanically coupled vibrations.
Audio Technica AT4033/CL Features
- A strong up-front presence characterizes the sonic signature of this versatile pro-audio classic
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragm undergoes a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
- Floating-construction capsule assembly provides isolation from noise and vibration
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards