The ATH-R70x is Audio-Technica’s first pair of professional open-back reference headphones, and it stands as a flagship model in A-T’s professional headphone lineup.
Featuring specially designed drivers and acoustically transparent housings fashioned from aluminum honeycomb mesh, these headphones provide an accurate and natural open-back sound. They also incorporate a new, improved design of the popular 3D wing support system to provide even greater comfort during the prolonged use often required in professional settings. Robust yet lightweight, and equipped with a unique, dual-sided detachable cable that automatically maintains proper stereo orientation (no matter how it’s attached), the R70x headphones are built for lasting comfort, convenience and audio purity.
Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Open-Back Headphones Features
- High-efficiency magnets and pure alloy magnetic circuit design reduce distortion and ensure accurate and extended high-frequency response
- Carbon composite resin improves structural rigidity to provide detailed transient response
- Acoustically transparent, aluminum honeycomb-mesh housings provide a natural and spacious open-back sound
- Breathable fabric earpads and improved wing support provide long-wearing comfort
- Feather-light weight (approx. 210 g w/o cable) and robust construction make headphones perfectly suited for professional use
- Unique, dual-sided detachable locking cable is L/R signal independent, always ensuring proper stereo orientation