A wide range condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern, the Audio-Technica U891RCX is equipped with local or remote switching options. For flexible control in conference and boardroom installations, the unit’s external contact closure ability allows a user to trigger an external device, a camera, for instance, from a switch on the microphone. Another ease-of-use feature: the microphone’s activation switch can be set to three operating modes: touch-on/touch-off, press to talk, and press to mute.
The U891RCX is also equipped an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep filter to reduce pickup of low-frequency ambient noise. Its red LED status indicator can be controlled remotely. UniGuard innovations offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference; interchangeable elements are available in cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns; a unique rotating PivotPoint connector changes the cable exit point, no tools required. It requires 11 to 52V DC phantom power, which operates the microphone and switch circuitry.
Audio-Technica U891RCX Boundary Mic Features
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, conferencing, distance learning and other demanding sound pickup situations
- An activation switch can be set to any of three operating modes: touch-on/touch-off, touch-to-talk and touch-to-mute
- External contact closure capability permits control of remote devices from microphone switch
- External LED control allows for accurate depiction of the live status of the microphone
- PivotPoint rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicone foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance black finish for minimum visibility
- Improved switch design