Record, edit, and mix performances with stunning sound quality using the professional-grade Avid Mbox USB Audio Interface with Pro Tools Express. The Mbox is a great value by itself but it now comes with Pro Tools Express software at no additional charge, making it an even better buy! With Avid Mbox interface, easily connect mics, instruments, monitors, and other analog, digital, and MIDI gear with your Mac or PC to create studio-quality productions.
Use Pro Tools Express to sound your very best, or pair the Avid Mbox interface with your favorite third-party audio software such as Logic, Live, Fruity Loops, Cubase, and more. No matter what you choose, you’ll always sound amazing, as Avid Mbox was designed by the same team who created Avid’s top-of-the-line Pro Tools HD Series audio interfaces, giving you the sonic clarity of interfaces costing much more.
Avid Mbox USB Audio Interface with Pro Tools Express Features
- Get best-in-class audio quality and performance with professional-grade hardware
- Create studio-quality productions with audio resolutions up to 32-bit, 96 kHz
- Compose, record, edit, and mix with Pro Tools Express using many of the same industry-standard tools as Pro Tools
- Have the flexibility to use Mbox with your favorite software (Core Audio, ASIO, WDM, MME, and multi-client drivers included)
- Record yourself and others through a variety of analog, digital, and MIDI I/O
- Create anywhere inspiration takes you, thanks to its robust, compact, USB-powered housing
The Avid Mbox USB audio interface is designed by the same engineering team behind Avid’s top-of-the-line Pro Tools HD systems. That means you get the exceptional audio quality and ease of use enjoyed by commercial studios in the comfort of your own home, project studio, or wherever inspiration takes you.
Sound amazing with Mbox
Whether you work solo or collaborate with others, you’ll sound better than ever with the re-architected Avid Mbox audio and MIDI computer recording interface.
Pristine quality, powerful performance
- Get best-in-class sound quality and performance with professional-grade circuitry and premium audio conversion
- Capture and mix studio-quality sessions, with up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio resolution
- Connect and control your gear with:
- 4 x 4 simultaneous channels of I/O
- Two XLR mic/line combo inputs with professional-grade mic preamps and 48V phantom power
- Two 1/4 inch DI inputs on front panel for easy access
- Two balanced 1/4 inch monitor outputs
- One 1/4 inch stereo headphone output with volume control
- Stereo S/PDIF digital I/O
- One MIDI input, one MIDI output
- Monitor control section with Mono and Dim controls
- Dedicated monitor volume knob
- Use Mbox with your favorite recording/music creation software, including Pro Tools, Logic, Live, Cubase, and more
- Track hotter signals without clipping with the soft-clip limiter
- Ensure your instruments are in tune with the built-in guitar tuner
- Set up flexible cue mixing and reverb effects with the onboard DSP
- Create anywhere you go with bus-powered USB 2.0 connectivity
Get best-in-class audio quality, exceptional performance, and the lowest possible latency in everything you do with Avid Mbox, featuring professional-grade converters, advanced recording technology, and a premium analog signal path. Avid’s stringent testing standards assure rock-solid performance in even the most demanding environments, whether you create with Pro Tools Express, upgrade to Pro Tools, or use third-party audio software.
Work the way you want
Get the flexibility to work in more ways than ever. Use Avid Mbox with the included Pro Tools Express software, or upgrade to Pro Tools for maximum creativity, speed, ease, and total session compatibility with Pro Tools studios worldwide. And get great performance when you use Mbox with any Core Audio- or ASIO-compatible software, such as Logic, Live, Record, Reason, Digital Performer, Fruity Loops, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, and more.
Create effortlessly with extras
The Avid Mbox interface comes packed with advanced features, making it even easier to get great results. Tune your guitar, bass, and other instruments using the integrated guitar tuner. Prevent distortion when tracking louder sources using the same professional-grade soft-clip limiter found in our Pro Tools HD Series interfaces. And set up more pleasing cue mixes with reverb using the onboard DSP.
Maximize Creativity with Pro Tools
While Pro Tools Express recording software will satisfy the creative needs of many aspiring pros, you can upgrade to the full Pro Tools software at a great discount whenever you’re ready. With Pro Tools, you get more tracks, ultimate performance, and tons more advanced features to take your talent to the next level.
Included Pro Tools Express and Plug-ins
Compose, record, edit, and mix at the speed of your creativity and get the professional tools you need to sound your very best. Pro Tools Express, included with the Avid Mbox interface offers many of the same industry-standard tools of its big brother, Pro Tools 10, to help you turn the song in your head into reality, with professional results.
Pro Tools Express Features
- Create music and sound for picture using many of the same industry-standard tools used by top producers, engineers, and artists
- Take your projects to the next level with session file compatibility across all Pro Tools systems
- Record and mix up to 16 stereo audio tracks at 96 kHz (Mbox) resolution
- Compose music easily with virtual instruments, MIDI editing, and Sibelius notation tools
- Create pro-quality mixes with a collection of high-quality plug-ins and Automatic Delay Compensation
- Get a gigantic leap in sound and speed, and save over 40 percent, when you upgrade to Pro Tools