Behringer packed 75-Watts of bi-amped technology (including a time- and phase-corrected active crossover) into every B1030A, ensuring that you have the enormous power reserves you’ll need to drive them really hard.
TRUTH monitors come equipped to function in a wide variety of situations. Switches are provided to adapt the monitor’s low- and high-frequency characteristics for optimal performance specific to your listening environment. Connect B1030A loudspeakers to your computer, mp3 player or television receiver for amazing sonic performance.
Behringer B1030A Features:
- Ultra-linear studio monitor with true active design
- Precision Class A/B amplifiers with active protection circuits: 50 W for LF / 25 W for HF
- Ultra-high resolution, ferrofluid-cooled 1 inch dome tweeter for ultimate sound reproduction
- Long-throw 5.25 inch woofer with deformation-resistant Kevlar cone for ultimate bass response
- Ultimate dispersion characteristics and extremely large sweet spot owing to advanced wave guide technology
- High-precision crossover network with 4th order Linkwitz-Riley filters
- Adjustable to a wide range of acoustic conditions
- Separately controlled limiter for low and high frequency overload protection
- Magnetic shielding allows placement near computer monitors
- Planet Earth power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- Servo-balanced inputs with XLR, 1/4 inch and unbalanced RCA connectors
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
Glad you asked. Kevlar has an incredible strength-to-weight ratio — that’s one reason it’s used in bulletproof vests. Kevlar gives our LF transducer the strength to handle the extremely high energy levels required for distortion-free, chest-pounding bass. And since they have such low mass, Kevlar speaker cones also respond much more quickly than those made of paper, important for not only maintaining bass content integrity, but critical for midrange accuracy and defi nition. Kevlar transducers reproduce even the subtlest nuance of the low-frequency realm without muddying the midrange.
Power to the People
It takes quite a bit more than just a bulletproof
woofer and a high-tech tweeter stuck inside a fancy box to make a studio monitor of this class. It also takes power — and lots of it! But even more importantly, that power has to be matched to the individual high- and low-frequency transducers. Behringer builds every single component from the ground up.
||Designed to Work in Your Environment
Placement is critical. Ideally, all loudspeakers should be placed away from walls to ensure proper bass response. But fear not, B1030A monitors feature Room Compensation switches so you can place them against walls, or even in corners. Walls tend to enhance lowfrequency content, and corners exaggerate bass even more, but your TRUTH monitor can be custom-tailored to provide honest bass response for your situation, with the simple flick of a switch or two.
Non-fatiguing, Wide Sweet Spot
Behringer's wave-guide is designed to create a much more generous, broader listening zone. That means you won’t wear a hole in the carpet in that one spot where everything sounds great. You are free to move around inside the stereo image to find the ideal spot in the mix for subtle instrument or effects placement opportunities.
You also won’t suffer the ravages of monitor-fatigue-syndrome
, an ailment that comes from listening to harsh high-mids and treble content for hours on end — a pretty important consideration for those all-night mixdown sessions that can really test your nerves.
What’s Up with the RCA Connectors?
Yes, it is a bit unconventional to put RCA sockets on a studio monitor — but why not? Now you can connect B1030A loudspeakers to your computer, mp3 player or television receiver for amazing sonic performance. For a truly versatile setup, use one of our USB audio interfaces (the UCA222, for example) to connect to/from your computer. This convenient setup allows you to monitor your recording projects, and mix and master them, directly from your computer. And you can place these speakers right next to your video monitor, thanks to B1030A’s internal magnetic shielding.
Hearing is Believing
We could bore you to tears with all the technical jargon (if you really like that stuff , there’s a special treat at the end), but hearing the TRUTH will make you a believer. From the bulletproof
bass of its Kevlar woofer to the silky top-end of its HF dome tweeter, we think you’ll agree that nothing in this class outperforms the B1030A.
Compare them to the competition and own BEHRINGER!