For small to mid-sized venues, the Eurolive B1200D-Pro is the perfect choice to add powerful low end! 500 watts of Class-D power is pumped through a 12-inch long excursion transducer for incredible punch and efficiency. Behringer also loads this powered sub with a built-in active stereo crossover and tunable and switchable Bass Boost.
Behringer Eurolive B1200D-PRO Powered PA Sub Features
What is Class-D Technology?
- High-performance 500-Watt powered subwoofer for PA applications
- 12-inch long-excursion speaker provides incredibly accurate and pulse-pounding bass
- Precise reproduction of ultra-low frequencies for punch and impact
- 500-Watt Class-D amp with comprehensive over-excursion, thermal and clip limit
- Built-in active stereo crossover provides high-pass filtered outputs for full-range speakers
- Tunable and switchable Bass Boost plus Phase switch for great low-end performance
- Variable High Cut control for perfect sound alignment
- Sub Level control to adjust the balance between subwoofer and the full-range speakers
- Power, Signal and Clip LEDs for perfect monitoring
- Intelligent limiter for maximum sound performance and woofer protection
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Pole socket for mounting with commercial spacer poles
- Ergonomically shaped handles for easy transport
- Rugged steel grill for optimal speaker protection
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class-D amps switch on and off thousands of times per second, delivering power only when needed. The amp is either fully on or fully off, which significantly reduces power losses from the output devices given off as heat. Plus B1200D’s amplifier provides all the dynamic punch and fidelity you’d expect from a much larger, more expensive sub.
Behringer custom-designs their own speakers so they are the perfect match for both the amplifier and the application. They wind their own voice coils, process the paper pulp into cones and even machine their own backplates. This enables us to control the quality, and frankly, make better components. The 12-inch long-excursion, low-frequency transducer was designed specifically for use in the Eurolive B1200D.
The B1200D active PA sub features balanced XLR inputs and outputs, as well as balanced XLR Thru jacks for connecting additional enclosures. A Boost Frequency knob lets you boost any frequency between 45 Hz and 90 Hz. Then just flick the Boost switch to give your selected frequency a +10 dB boost.
The B1200D-Pro also provided a High Cut dial that controls the upper-corner frequency for the internal amplifier without affecting Thru A/B signals. A Level knob controls the input gain, and the Phase switch reverses the output phase to compensate for frequency cancellation between the subwoofer and satellite speakers. LEDs show operational status at a glance including power, signal present and input overloads.