The Eurolive B1500D PRO powered subwoofer is destined to become the new standard in low-frequency reproduction. Packed with an incredible array of truly professional features, this brute provides extreme levels of low-end punch, with the kind of definition and clarity typically reserved for much larger systems.
Class-D amplifiers (with switch-mode power supplies) drive the custom-designed low frequency drivers for sonically optimized output. And the best part of all-the new B1500D PRO provides a much better power to weight ratio than many competing active subwoofers. Powered by 1400 Watts, the 15 inch speaker will produce pounding lows.
Put simply, these Class D cool-running systems are much lighter, making them ultra-easy to transport and set up- and Behringers' no-compromise design means you get amazingly-deep, chestpounding bass that will keep the party going all night long. They'll add needed bottom-end to your active full-range speaker system.
Behringer Eurolive B1500D Pro Powered Subwoofer Features
What is Class-D Technology?
- High-performance 1400 Watt powered subwoofer for PA applications
- Powerful 15 inch long-excursion transducer with high temperature voice coil provides incredibly accurate and pulse-pounding bass
- Extremely high sound pressure level (126 dB half space 1 W at 1 m)
- Precise reproduction of ultra-low frequencies (35 - 150 Hz) for bulletproof punch and impact
- State-of-the-art 1400-Watt Class-D amplifier with comprehensive over-excursion, thermal and clip limit protection
- Built-in active stereo crossover provides high-pass filtered outputs for full-range loudspeakers
- Tunable and switchable Bass Boost plus Phase switch for ultimate low-frequency performance
- Variable High Cut control for perfect sound alignment
- Subwoofer Level control to adjust the balance between subwoofer and the full-range speakers
- Power, Signal and Clip LEDs for perfect monitoring
- Intelligent limiter for maximum sound performance and woofer protection
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Pole socket for mounting with commercial spacer poles
- Ergonomically shaped handles for easy transport
- Rugged steel grill for optimal speaker protection
Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class-D amps switch on and off thousands of times per second, delivering power only when needed. In other words, the amplifier is either fully on or fully off , which significantly reduces power losses from the output devices given off as heat. Less heat means their amps don't need massive heat sinks, and that means they can make them lighter. Behringers' no-compromise design means the B1500D PRO will deliver full power with incredible fidelity all night long, without the need for lengthy rest cycles.
When used in conjunction with switching-mode power supplies, which don't require huge and heavy transformers, their Class-D amplifiers provide tremendous dynamic punch and superior fidelity. The resulting speaker systems are much lighter, making them easy to transport and set up.
The transducers (woofers and tweeters) are the only part of a sound system you actually hear, so they don't cut any corners. Behringer custom-designs and builds their transducers from scratch. Not only do they wind their own voice coils, they process the paper pulp into cones and even machine their own backplates. This enables us to control the quality, and frankly, make better components.
The B1500D PRO features balanced XLR inputs and outputs, as well as balanced XLR THRU jacks for connecting additional enclosures. A BOOST FREQUENCY knob targets a boost frequency between 45 Hz and 90 Hz. Flick the BOOST switch to give your selected frequency a +6 dB boost. These subs also feature a HIGH CUT dial to control the upper corner frequency for the subwoofer's amplifier. The HIGH CUT dial does not affect the THRU signals, only signals directed to the subwoofer (however, it does affect the signals sent out through the Output sockets of the subwoofer to reach the full-range speakers). A LEVEL knob controls the input gain, and the PHASE switch reverses output phase to compensate for frequency cancellation between the subwoofer and satellite speakers. LEDs show operational status at a glance, including power, signal present and input overloads.
Which Speaker Do I Need?
As you have probably noticed, Behringer makes these subwoofers in two different woofer sizes. Which one is right for you? An 18 inch woofer has more surface area with which to move air than a 15 inch If you're engineering sound for a small jazz combo in a small club, the B1500D PRO might be all the speaker you need. If you need to provide pounding techno sounds to a standing room only nightclub, the B1800D PRO might be the better choice.