By utilizing switch-mode power supplies and Class-D amplifier topology, the Eurolive B315D powered loudspeaker provides 28 per cent more output power (550-Watts) and still weighs 10 per cent less than Behringer's best-selling B315A systems.
Sound quality is also improved, thanks to an integrated sound processor, which provides total system control, dependable protection of the transducers (woofer and tweeter) and virtually eliminates distortion-even at extreme operating levels. In addition, the B315D powered speaker features an Ultra-Low Noise (ULN) MIC/LINE input with LEVEL control and a dedicated 2-band EQ (HIGH/LOW) for simple, yet effective tonal control.
Behringer Eurolive B315D Powered PA Speaker
What is Class-D Technology?
- High-power 550-Watt 2-way PA sound reinforcement speaker system for live and playback applications
- Ultra-compact and light weight system delivers excellent sound even at extreme sound pressure levels
- Revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology: enormous power, incredible sonic performance and super-light weight
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Integrated sound processor for ultimate system control and speaker protection
- Extremely powerful 15 inch long-excursion driver provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power
- State-of-the-art 1.75 inch titanium-diaphragm compression driver for exceptional high-frequency reproduction
- Ultra-wide dispersion, large-format exponential horn
- Ultra-low noise Mic/Line input with Volume control and Clip LED
- Dedicated 2-band EQ for perfect sound adjustment
- Additional Line output allows linking of additional speaker systems
- Versatile trapezoidal enclosure design allows different positioning: Stand mounting with 35-mm pole socket, and Tilts on its side for use as a floor monitor
- Ergonomically shaped handles for easy carrying and setup
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by Behringer Germany
Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class-D amps switch on and off thousands of times per second, delivering power only when needed. In other words, the amplifier is either fully on or fully off , which significantly reduces power losses from the output devices given off as heat. Less heat means our amps don't need massive heat sinks, and that means we can make them lighter. Our no-compromise design means your Eurolive D Series loudspeakers will deliver full power with incredible fidelity all night long, without the need for lengthy rest cycles.
When used in conjunction with switching-mode power supplies, which don't require huge and heavy transformers, our Class-D amplifiers provide tremendous dynamic punch and superior fidelity. The resulting speaker systems are much lighter, making them easy to transport and set up.
Dynamic processing is one of the best ways to maximize output without sacrificing sound quality. The D Series built-in circuitry automatically adjusts program content, allowing the loudspeaker to operate at extreme levels. It accomplishes this by reducing bass output slightly as you approach the limit of the transducers. This frees up LF (Low Frequency) amp and transducer resources, so that higher overall volume can be realized. It's like having a tiny soundman inside each cabinet constantly monitoring and tweaking output parameters.
Instant PA System
With just a single D Series loudspeaker and a microphone, you can set up an instant PA system- and you don't need an external mixer to do so! Thanks to the built-in mic preamp, you can connect any dynamic mic directly to the input and raise and lower the volume with the Level control. Just plug in the mic, place the speaker on a tabletop or standard speaker stand, and power up. It's that easy. And if you need more coverage, you can use the convenient LINK OUTPUT XLR connector to add more active loudspeakers.
Stereo Music System
You can even use a pair of D Series enclosures for stereo playback of your MP3, CD or old-skool cassette deck without any additional hardware. Just plug the appropriate stereo breakout adapter into your deck's output jack and run the cables to the 1/4 inch inputs on each loudspeaker. Set the Level and EQ controls the same on both enclosures. Voila, instant party!
Thanks to their trapezoidal design, D Series loudspeakers can be laid on their side to provide the ideal angle for onstage monitor wedge applications. Their extraordinary fidelity and frequency response make them a favorite of vocalists and instrumentalists alike. Hookup is simple, requiring only a single XLR or 1/4 inch cable from the monitor send on your mixing console and, of course, power. Additional monitors can be chained together via the XLR LINK OUTPUT jack on the rear panel.
While some of our competitors are content to buy ready-made transducers and plug them into their boxes, we custom-design and build ours from scratch. Not only do we wind our own voice coils, we process the paper pulp into cones and machine every component that goes into them. This enables us to control the quality and make better components, like the long-excursion LF transducers and state-of-the-art 1.75 inch titanium drivers Behringer deploys in each and every B315D enclosure.
Low Frequency Response
The Eurolive D Series was built with extended low frequency handling in mind. With a tuned port, internally braced, injection-molded enclosure, each model's custom-designed LF transducer really cranks out tight low end. Keep in mind that bass response varies according to LF transducer size, so the larger the speaker, the more bass you will be able to generate.