A complete solution with all the tools needed for learning the basics of DJing or enacting pro level DJ tricks, the Behringer CMD Studio 4A DJ Controller is a 4 deck controller with 4 channel interface that is fully integratable into your DJ rig. Whether you use Traktor, Serato, Ableton or the included Deckadance software, the CMD Studio 4A uses large 6 inch touch sensitive platters for incredible hands on interaction with your mix.
Behringer CMD Studio 4A DJ Controller Features
- Highly integrated 4-deck controller with built-in 4-channel USB audio interface
- Deckadance DJ software from Image Line included
- Compatible with popular DJ software including Native Instruments Traktor, Serato Scratch Live, Ableton Live and any other MIDI-compatible programs
- Powerful 4-channel USB audio interface with 24-bit converters and ultra-low latency operation under Windows and OSX operating systems
- Large 6 inch touch-sensitive high-resolution control platters for precise control
- Class-compliant MIDI protocol enables DJs to use the CMD Studio 4A with any MIDI software
- Professional 100 mm pitch faders and 60 mm volume faders for ultimate feel and resolution
- Complete mixer section with crossfader and 2 channel faders, 3-band EQ, EQ kill, FX assign, cue and track load buttons Full-fledged deck sections including key lock, pitch control, auto looping, 8 hot cues and full control over 2 FX modules
- Backlit buttons responding to the application - no need to look at the computer screen
- MIDI-reactive controls take your eyes off the computer screen
- Slim tabletop design for ultimate portability
- Compatible with other BEHRINGER CMD controllers for full expandability
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
Find yourself disappointed when you get in front of a DJ controller and see those tiny little faders? We feel the same way. Tiny pitch faders just feel wrong, so Behringer broke out 100 mm faders for Studio 4A's pitch controls. 60 mm channel faders translate into smoother mixes, so we added those as well. Those sizes are an industry standard for a reason, right?
Another area where most controllers fall short is platter size. The trend is smaller and smaller platters, in an effort to knock the overall size of the controller down. Behringer says bigger is better, so the Studio 4A packs 6 inch touch sensitive platters that work the way you've come to expect coming from industry standard equipment. After the faders, the platter is your main contact point on a controller, shrinking that down to a tiny little rubber disc just isn’t satisfying.
Built In Audio Interface
So you buy a controller and get it home, only to find out that you have to go right back out and buy a soundcard? Behringer built a 4-out USB sound card into the Studio 4A, so you're ready to go right-out-of-the-box. This high-quality audio interface has 24-bit converters and provides ultra-low latency operation in either Windows or OS X.
Keep Your Eyes off the Screen
No one wants to look up at the DJ and see him looking at his computer screen like he’s updating his Facebook page. And as a DJ, you don’t want to be forced to constantly look at the computer instead of reading your crowd. The CMD Studio 4A addresses this by incorporating plenty of MIDI feedback. That means that if a button is lit in your software, it’s also lit up on the Studio 4A.
It’s the Little Things
It’s easy to get the big stuff right, but it’s the little things that usually slip through the cracks. Modern DJ software typically has between 5 and 8 hotcues, yet many controllers in the market only have 3. The Studio 4A has 8 hotcue buttons. Most DJ software is capable of running 4 or more virtual decks, so the Studio 4A can control up to 4 virtual decks. The same goes for other features, like library navigation, looping controls, EQ kills, keylock, and much more.
With the included Deckadance DJ software from Image Line, getting your rig up and running is effortless. Deckadance is a DJ mixing application that works either as a standalone program, as a VSTi inside your favorite DAW or as a host for any VST compliant softsynth or effect. Deckadance was written by DJ’s for DJ’s, so it is designed to take your performances to the next level. For users of other software, the CMD series is also capable of full integration with any other MIDI compatible software.
The CMD Studio 4A is everything you need to get started; thanks to its rich feature set, Deckadance DJ software and included cabling. Whether you are a beginning DJ or seasoned vet on the decks, CMD Studio 4A is THE all-in-one controller for you. With the Studio 4A, you get the full functionality you have been looking for, without compromise!
Behringer CMD Series DJ Controllers give you what you've been looking for, a modular system of controllers that can be put together to suit your software needs. Each module is packed with professional features, from high quality faders to extensive MIDI feedback. All CMD controllers are class-compliant, meaning that no additional drivers are required, just connect and go.