Using the Behringer Firepower FCA1616 Firewire Audio Interface is the ideal way to stream audio to and from your PC or Mac computer. This handy firewire interface features state-of-the-art Midas designed mic preamps, legendary the world over for their pristine clarity and high-headroom sonic performance, plus our 24-Bit/96 kHz A/D-D/A converters will really respect your input. The FCA1616 interfaces support Windows XP/Vista/7 plus Mac OS X and provides onboard phantom power for use with studio-grade condenser microphones.
Hook up to the Behringer FCA1616 Interface and instantly turn your computer into a powerful recording/editing workstation!
Behringer Firepower FCA1616 Firewire Audio Interface Features:
Your Portal to the Digital Domain
- Audiophile audio interface with 24-Bit/96 kHz resolution for virtually any digital recording/mixing environment
- 4 state-of-the-art MIDAS designed mic preamplifiers, with phantom power, individual Pad, Low Cut and Hi-Z
- Multi-channel audio and MIDI operation via FireWire or USB2.0
- Compatible with popular recording software including Pro Tools*, Ableton Live*, Steinberg Cubase*, etc.
- Streams 16 inputs / 16 outputs plus 1x MIDI I/O with ultra-low latency to your computer, supporting Mac OS X and Windows XP or higher
- All standard I/O formats supported – analog, S/PDIF (coaxial and optical), ADAT, S/MUX
- Direct Monitoring and Main Volume control with “near-zero” latency
- 2 powerful Headphone outputs with individual Volume control, Mono and Source signal select
- Level control of your stereo or 7.1 active speaker system with a single knob turn
- Smooth cross-fading between inputs and DAW playback signals while your record sessions
- 8 analog Inserts for use of external effects such as compressors, etc.
- Get 8 additional MIDAS designed microphone inputs and line outputs with the Behringer ADA8200
- Status and signal presence indication for all analog and digital I/O
- Powered via external power supply (included)
- Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable at www.behringer.com
- Standard port for Kensington security lock
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by Behringer Germany
The FCA Series allows you to converse with your computer in a language it understands… digital. When you connect line-level devices, such as synthesizers or the outputs of an audio mixer to an FCA1616 or FCA610, internal 24-bit A/D (Analog to Digital) converters swing into action, turning the audio signal into digital data. Now you can record and play back your masterpiece through a pair of active studio monitors or listen in the privacy of your favorite headphones.
With its expanded 16 channel I/O, 4 Midas designed mic preamps and ADA8000 ADAT connectivity, the FCA1616 is ideal for more permanent applications, such as home and professional recording studios, as well as live performance multi-track recording rigs. All standard I/O formats are supported including analog, S/PDIF (coaxial and optical), ADAT and S/MUX. Built-in MIDI I/O allows you to connect keyboards and other outboard MIDI hardware. The single rack-space FCA1616 also features 8 analog Inserts for use of external effects such as compressors, gates and EQs, etc. A dedicated power supply is included.
Due to its small size and low-latency operation, 6 In / 10 Out architecture, plus 2 highly-acclaimed XENYX mic preamps, the FCA610 is a dream come true for traveling musicians who record and edit on their laptops. The portable FCA610 can receive power from your computer's 6-pin FireWire bus or via the included external power supply. Built-in MIDI I/O allows you to connect keyboards and other outboard MIDI hardware. All standard I/O formats are supported including analog and S/PDIF (both coaxial and optical). The half-rack-space FCA610 stows easily in your travel kit.
On the rear panels of the FCA1616 and FCA610, you’ll find ports for FireWire and USB 2.0. Inputs are balanced 1/4" jacks that accept a wide range of line-level devices. Outputs accept both balanced and unbalanced 1/4" connections. The two headphones jacks are conveniently located on the front panel, with a dedicated volume control.
The Technical Stuff
Both Firepower FCA1616 and FCA610 interfaces feature state-of-the-art, high-resolution 24-bit A/D-D/A converters, supporting up to a 96 kHz sampling rate. Reliable Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 drivers and Mac OS X support ensure ultra-low latency operation.