The Bogner Ecstasy Red Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal is an incredibly dynamic and versatile tone tool that captures all the high gain crunch and lead tones of the legendary Ecstasy amp! Using interactive controls to adjust gain and EQ settings, the Ecstasy Red pedal delivers a wide range of expressive tones from vintage overdrive to ripping modern high gain. Aggressive players will love the heavy tones of the Ecstasy Red pedal that have made Bogner amps the choice of countless rock guitarists.
Bogner Ecstasy Red Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal Features
- True bypass
- Boost function with independently lit volume and gain controls
- Master Controls: Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass and Volume
- Variac On/Off switch: adds a dropped voltage dynamic compression to the feel and sound
- Mode Switch: Tight, Mellow and Full, shapes the general EQ curve and gain levels
- B1, N and B2 settings control openness and presence of higher range harmonics
- 100, 101 and 20th Anniversary settings offer EQ shifts and gain structures from various models of Ecstasy amps
- Input, output and remote connectors
- Remote jack allows control of the on/off and boost functions via a remote switching unit
- LEDs blink when battery voltage drops below critical threshold
- Double sided gold plated circuit boards, German WIMA capacitors, Japanese Nichicon capacitors and gold plated relays
- Carling switches
Reinhold Bogner designed the Ecstasy Red distortion pedal with five discrete Class A gain stages and with no op-amps or diode clipping, mirroring the circuitry of the Ecstasy amplifier’s red channel. This revolutionary approach provides clarity, touch sensitivity and note separation never before achieved in overdrive pedals.
The Ecstasy Red is powered by a standard 9V battery or 9VDC power supply. Reinhold’s advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage a substantially higher level. This higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of the Ecstasy amplifier’s legendary tube design.
1989, Reinhold Bogner’s compelling, respected and sought-after tube amps have graced the stages and studios of elite players throughout the world. Based on these legendary designs, the Ecstasy pedals represent the culmination of Reinhold’s sonic skill and creative vision. Each pedal delivers Bogner’s signature amp tone, plus a galaxy of new and inspiring sounds. Bogner for your pedal board is finally here and your tone will never be the same. The Ecstasy amp was born in 1992 and decades later Bogner is still hand building each amp, one at a time, in Los Angeles, California.