The Bogner Uberschall Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal captures the dynamic, thunderous hi-gain tones from the incredibly brutal Bogner Uberschall amp, earning its nickname ‘Armageddon in a Box’. The Uberschall pedal excels at aggressive high gain tone but it also beautifully produces classic lower and medium gain tones, making it the perfect choice for the heaviest of heavy metal, rock and even blues players!
Reinhold Bogner designed the Uberschall distortion pedal with five discrete Class A gain stages and with diode clipping, mirroring circuitry of the Uberschall amplifier’s high-gain channel. This revolutionary approach provides clarity, touch sensitivity and note separation never before achieved in distortion pedals.
Bogner Uberschall Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal Features
- True bypass
- Class A gain stages with no op-amps or diode clipping
- Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass and Gain controls
- Foot controllable Boost with independent Volume control
- Input and output connectors
- Remote jack allows control of the On/Off and boost functions via a remote switching unit
- LEDs blink when battery voltage drops below critical threshold
- Double sided gold plated circuit boards, German WIMA capacitors, Japanese Nichicon capacitors and gold plated relays
- Carling switches
- 9V battery powered
- 9VDC power supply connector
The Uberschall pedal is powered by a standard 9V battery or 9VDC power supply. Reinhold’s advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage a substantially higher level. This higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of the Bogner Uberschall amplifier’s legendary tube design.
Bogner Uberschall Amp
In 2001 Bogner launched the Uberschall amplifier. More than a decade later, Bogner still hand builds each one, in Los Angeles, California.