With 3 limited-edition reissues of Boss’s original pedals and an attractive deluxe presentation box with the Boss 40th Anniversary logo and numbered message card, this set it idea for the vintage pedal enthusiast! In celebration of four decades of compact pedal innovation and the support of millions of worldwide users, BOSS is pleased to offer the Compact Pedal 40th Anniversary Box Set. This special limited-edition commemorative package features one-time-only reissues of the OD-1 Overdrive, PH-1 Phaser, and SP-1 Spectrum, the original three BOSS compact pedal models.
Boss 40th Anniversary Box Set Features
Special Reissues of the Compact Models That Started It All
- Commemorative set with rare reissues of the first three BOSS compact pedal models
- Includes the OD-1 Overdrive, PH-1 Phaser, and SP-1 Spectrum
- Manufactured in Japan with wiring and circuit adjustments performed by hand, just like the original pedals
- Carefully selected components ensure faithful reproduction of the original pedals’ sound and response
- Subtle modern enhancements include PSA-compatible power section, reinforced battery snap, and LED on/off status
- Includes presentation box with a numbered message card
- Limited worldwide production of 1500 sets
In 1977, BOSS introduced the now-famous compact series with the OD-1 Overdrive, PH-1 Phaser, and SP-1 Spectrum. Often referred to by collectors as the ‘traffic light series’ because of their red, yellow, and green colors, these three pedals launched an effects revolution that continues to this day. With over 15 million units sold and counting, the iconic BOSS compact design remains as vital as ever, and continues to influence music makers all over the world. Now, dedicated BOSS fans everywhere can enjoy the classic sounds that started it all with this one-of-a-kind, hand-wired reissue set, which comes accompanied by a special heartfelt message from BOSS President Yoshihiro Ikegami.
Made in Japan, Just Like the Original Pedals
The reissue OD-1, PH-1, and SP-1 pedals are produced exactly as the originals were, with wiring and circuit adjustment performed by hand on a special production line in Japan. All electronic components are carefully selected, ensuring fully accurate reproduction of the original pedals’ sound and response. Each pedal also features useful modern performance improvements that have absolutely no effect on the tone. These include a PSA-compatible power supply section with a protection circuit and noise filter, a reinforced battery snap, and an LED that shows effect on/off status. (On the original pedals, the LED’s main function was to show battery status by lighting only when the switch was pressed.)