The powerful Nextone Stage combo amp combines classic tube sound and feel with dynamic responsiveness. And thanks to Tube Logic, you get to enjoy all the great sound and response of your favorite tube designs without the backbreaking weight and ongoing maintenance hassles.
Featuring next-generation tonal diversity, the BOSS Nextone series presents an exciting new concept in professional guitar amplification. Distinctive channel voicings deliver a wide range of inspiring tones, while four selectable Class AB analog power amp types provide instant access to the unique characteristics of 6V6, 6L6, EL84, and EL34 output tube sections. Backed by our advanced Tube Logic approach, each power amp type re-voices the entire circuit from input to output, putting the complete sonic experience of these signature power stages in one amp for the very first time.
Boss Nextone Stage Guitar Combo Amplifier Features
- Professional performance amplifier with authentic Tube Logic tone
- Four analog Class AB power amp circuits, selectable from the panel: 6V6, 6L6, EL84, and EL34
- Streamlined combo design with 40 watts of power and custom 12-inch speaker
- Clean and lead channels, with standard and custom mode options
- Dynamically responsive power control for cranked-up sound and response at reduced volumes
- Nextone Editor (Mac/Windows) for customizing internal amp parameters, including tone stack type, EQ, sag, bias, effects, system settings, and much more
- Boost and Tone switches for adding crunch and sparkle
- Built-in delay, tremolo, and reverb effects, plus loop for patching in external effects
- External speaker jacks: one 8 ohm and two 16 ohm
- Line, USB, and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel mic’d cab settings selectable from the Nextone Editor
- Support for direct recording and re-amping via USB
Want to dive deeper with even more sound customization? Just connect to the Nextone Editor and become a virtual tech, fine-tuning bias, sag, EQ, and other internal settings to perfectly match your individual style and touch. Nextone also includes convenient modern features for stage playing, such as built-in effects, a line out for mic-free direct tone, and a power control for expressive cranked-amp sound at manageable volumes.
Next-Generation Guitar Amplification with Tube Logic
Widely acclaimed by guitarists everywhere, the Tube Logic design approach delivers real-deal sound, feel, and response by reproducing the complex interactive behaviors of tube amps in every way. This comprehensive process also brings valuable advantages for today’s players, including greater reliability, reduced weight, and maintenance-free operation. Tube Logic evolves even further with the Nextone series, unlocking access to deep tone customization features that are impractical or impossible with traditional tube designs. A Nextone amp puts the true response characteristics of the most famous amp designs at your fingertips, allowing you to tweak your sound with unmatched precision.
Instant Power Amp Re-Voicing
In a tube-based guitar amplifier, the preamp is important for basic tone shaping, but it’s the power amp design that really defines the overall sonic signature and playing feel. Most amps use a specific output tube type, while a rare few allow you to swap out different power tubes. Unfortunately, this process usually requires physical tube replacement and bench time with a tech, making it expensive and inconvenient. For the most part, you really needed to buy multiple amps to access the unique tonal characteristics of different output tube sections…until now.
Nextone changes all this with the ability to instantly re-voice its analog Class AB power amp section with one of the four classic designs. American sounds are represented with 6V6 and 6L6 output tube types, while British sounds are represented with EL84 and EL34 types. Unlike modeling amps, which simply feed pre-cooked amp models